General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

getting married

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 8 Jun 2004 20:15

help im really nervous im gettting married on friday 11th for thesecond time around after been together for ten years love him to bits though. just wished it was all over.

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Jun 2004 20:17

Hi nerves are natural, your big day will be ok congratulations and best wishes to you both, enjoy your day and the future sandra

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 8 Jun 2004 20:20

Congratulations Laura, remember to take time to ENJOY your big day, it all goes by so quickly. Have fun! Christine

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 8 Jun 2004 20:21

congratulations Laura. I'm afraid i don't have any wise words to ease your nerves. I too am remarried and we celebrated 12 years in March. best wishes Tricia

Stacey

Stacey Report 8 Jun 2004 20:23

Dont start me off on getting married. I start to cry, I love romance. Those hours will fly by, just take in every second dont worry if things dont go to plan they never do! To me thats what makes the day unique. I will never forget my friends wedding last year. She doesnt have much family her parents died when she was 16, so she said her own speech. It was lovely she ended it by saying and now I hand you over to my husband, she burst out crying he burst out crying then everyone burst out crying. I wish you all the luck for your future together! Just to add me and my partner have been together for almost 7 years, we talk about our wedding, but want to wait as you get older and have more memories the day becomes special for dirfferent reasons! Your going to the chapel............ x x x x x

Angela

Angela Report 8 Jun 2004 20:23

Wishing you the most beautiful and magical wedding day ever. Have a glass of wine, chill out, relax and stop worrying. Whatever happens - whatever small things go wrong - by the end of Friday you will be married to the man you love and that is the only thing that matters. Angela

Trish

Trish Report 8 Jun 2004 20:26

I'll have been married (2nd time around) for 18 years on the 16th? of this month. Never been happier. So enjoy your day, savour every moment and get lots of piccies if you can - most of all relax and enjoy. Good luck for your future together :-))

Ernest

Ernest Report 8 Jun 2004 20:58

Oh Dear another lamb to the slaughter LOL. Not really I wish you and Hubby all the very best for this and future years. Second time around for me & er and we are still hanging on. I ask her if she loves me and she says I'm Still here aren't I. I keep threatening to kill her but I keep putting it off until tomorrow. Besides which; she inspires a lot of my versifying,I suppose tit must be luv Yuk Good luck Cheers ERNEST xxx

Ernest

Ernest Report 8 Jun 2004 21:00

That last line contains a bad typo

June

June Report 8 Jun 2004 21:06

Congratulations Laura Just have a glass of your favourite tipple and everything will be alright Love June xx

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 8 Jun 2004 21:11

Laura, I wish you every happiness on your wedding day, and all the wonderful days to come. Love, Elisabeth xxxxxxxx

Susanne

Susanne Report 8 Jun 2004 21:25

Congratulations Laura. I hope you have a truely wonderful day:-)))))) From someone thats been engaged for 6 years (scared to take the plunge for a second time!) Sue:-)

Philip

Philip Report 9 Jun 2004 09:42

Hello Laura, Warmest congratulations, and all the very best for the day to both of you. Don't worry, second time around is very different from 1st time around. (3rd time around is very different from 2nd time around, as both Paula and I can testify(!), but the principle's the same.) You're much more worldly wise and no longer naive and innocent like most 1st timers. Means that you've sized up the depth of the commitment much more realistically. As you've said, you've been partners for some time, so now know each other much better than you would have done otherwise. Anyway, girl, have a fantabulous day, and may the rest of your life together be really wonderful! Philip

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 9 Jun 2004 11:36

Many congratulations from everyone at GR!

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 9 Jun 2004 15:23

hey look on the bright side, at least now you can slop around in your tracksuit, grow your leg hair and stop sleeping with him!!