General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I hope to be back from the Land of the Living soon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 12:50

Greetings friends, I have been having a few problems recently. Firstly my Computer caught two Viruses (Vira?) which has meant a complete dismantling and rebuild. Still not up to speed yet. The I had another attack of Diverticulitis which has kept me low for over a week now, and is still as bad as ever. Hopefully all these niggling things will soon be sorted and I can get back to "Looking for Dead People". If anyone has emailed me over the past two or three weeks I will not have received your messages for which I apologise. Good hunting, Jim

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 12:54

Hi Jim! Sorry your computer has been so poorly, but even more sorry that you have been ill as well. It's a nasty thing to have. Sending you hugs and best wishes, and hope you'll soon be better. Mandy :)

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 9 Jun 2004 12:55

Jim, Hope you (and your pooter) are feeling much better soon. Take it easy, Rebecca

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jun 2004 13:31

Jim sorry about your computer, we miss them when they are poorly don't we? also sorry you are not well, do hope you will be better soon. take care Ann Glos

badger

badger Report 9 Jun 2004 15:43

nice to hear you back again Jim,and hope your recovery is speedy [you ,not the puter],and hope the electronic marvel is fully fit again,[the puter not you]Fred..

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Jun 2004 16:41

hi jim hope your condition improves soon, not a nice complaint to have. glad your getting the computer sorted and look forward to seeing you back sandra

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 9 Jun 2004 17:05

Jim, Big hugs from me. Hope you and the computer are well again very soon. Elisabeth xxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 17:15

Hi Jim, Sorry to hear you and your computer are not well , hope you both get over it soon. best wishes. Margaret.

Allie

Allie Report 9 Jun 2004 19:01

Jim, You really have been having a run of bad luck!! Sorry to hear of all the probs with yourself and computer and I hope you will both be up to full speed soon. Take care :-)) Allie x

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 9 Jun 2004 19:02

Hi Gramps! Nasty thing to have, diverticulitis and virus! Hope you are both recovered Pam

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 9 Jun 2004 19:10

your puter obviously came out in sympathy for you jim, you poorly so puter gets a virus, hope your much better soon.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 22:14

Jim - sorry to hear you've had probs, get better soon. Do you think we ought to have another Droitwich get together???? Jude s wales:o)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jun 2004 22:36

Update. I seem to be back online although I am justifiably cautious in my Internet Surfing. Hope not too many disasters happened in my absence? :-))) Jim

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 10 Jun 2004 23:17

Grampa Jim, I fully sympathise with you. My computer has been 'ill' for 2 weeks and the rebuild was finished this afternoon. At the same time I have also had a flare up from Diverticulitis and ulcerative colitis. I can't believe the stress of not being on line for that time could have caused my problem! Hope you and the computer have made a full recovery. Jacky :-)

Jill

Jill Report 10 Jun 2004 23:58

Hi Jim, Hope you and pooter problems are soon sorted, and you can get on with looking for dead people! Look forward to meeting you in Winchester. Jill

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 21:12

Hi all, I am back once again. This time hopefully for good. It took a complete rebuild, re partition and Everything to get me sorted. Thanks Noel. Jim

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 21:23

Welcome back Jim, hope you are both fully recovered. Nice to see you, Mandy x

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 15 Jun 2004 21:25

Welcome back Jim, Hope you are feeling well now. Love, Elisabeth xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 22:03

Grandpa Jim - welcome back:o) Have you seen the thread for Droitwich - 24th July Sat 12 noon Webbs:o) Jude s wales