General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

congestion charge near heathrow.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Jun 2004 16:49

heard rumours that the lord mayor of london is considering charging people through a congestion charge to enter heathrow airport .how disgusted i am even though i do not work in heathrow my husband travels from the south to heathrow every day only to discover that he might have to pay £5.00 a day that's £25.00 a week,that's £100.00 a month just to line the mayor of londons pockets.not only will it affect workers it will also affect people who are taking there holidays.would you be willing to pay that to take a holiday.i think it is bloody disgusting.all i can call this country now is 'rip off britain' and all the people that govern this country.what do you think of this and would you pay it?