General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wedding Photographer let us down--UPDATE,!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 9 Jun 2004 17:01

My daughter is getting married on the 19th June, Last night her and her fiance went to see the photographer as arranged , to discuss what photos they would like,,,who would be in them etc. They asked for one to be taken with both Mums ,,,one with the usher etc, Then my daughter said they would like one of the three smallest attendants,,,age 6 and 3 years, The guy blew his top,,said that they should look for another photographer and then after an exchange of words, gave them thier money back and ended the meeting by saying,,,'Im retiring in 6 months and I dont need this'My daughter was in tears, All they wanted was some special photo's of THIER day,,,they didnt want him to do them for free. Now here we are ,10 days before the wedding and no photographer,,, Im so angry , the kids are in a real state, How can anyone be so damn cruel. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Great News,,!!! We have a photographer at last,,,and he's supposed to be the best in town,!! My daughter was given a number by a friend,,,she rang and although the guy couldnt fit her in at such short notice he assured her that he would do his very best to help her out, He rang everyday to keep her updated on progress and the result was that Gayle went to see the photographer last night and its all booked,,,the relief is enormous, God bless Steve Appleton who engineered it all.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 9 Jun 2004 17:08

Ring round all the local photographers. Get the Thompson local directory or Yellow Pages.( or even Google ! ) Its the photographers loss, not your daughters. If he had done their photos in that frame of mind, they would have been hurried & possibly awful ! Chances are that you wont have too much trouble finding a replacement. Most photographers have several people working for them. If one cant do it ask if they can recommend someone who can. Good luck. Elaine x

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 9 Jun 2004 17:16

Claire, I don't know what to say!!!!! How dare this person be so cruel. I am sure you will find a way around the problem. Big hugs from the sixpence lady! Elisabeth xxxxxxxxx

Penny

Penny Report 9 Jun 2004 17:23

Why don't you let your local paper know ,I bet he will regret it and hopefully others will offer to help.Good Luck, Penny

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 9 Jun 2004 17:42

What a good lot you all are,,, Iv told everyone at work and I left at 12-00,,,before I got home,,the phone was ringing with photographers numbers . My daughter has spoken to one wedding photo guy who was outraged to say the least,,,he has assured her that he will do his best to find someone,,there are some good people out there,,and you lot are amongst them. Hugs for everyone, Claire

badger

badger Report 9 Jun 2004 18:07

Just heard of your awful experiance Claire ,but i,m glad you managed to sort it okay ,what a ruddy disgrace,the bloke wants shot with you know what,let me know how it goes .Fred.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 19:58

Only just read this thread and I was really angry on your behalf! What a disgusting way to behave, whether he's retiring or not. However, I'm so glad that you seem to be getting sorted. Sending you and your daughter a big hug, Mandy :)

Estelle

Estelle Report 9 Jun 2004 20:00

Hi Claire, I see that you are in Lincolnshire. I highly recommend Jennie Wilson from Boston. I am afraid I don't have her number off the top of my head, but she should be in the phone book. It may be a bit short notice, but she is a friend of the family and did my wedding photos. She is fantastic. You could give her a try. Good luck!! Estelle

Bob

Bob Report 9 Jun 2004 20:53

A lucky escape if you ask me... I hope your daughter has a wonderful wedding, Bob

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 9 Jun 2004 21:45

Hiya thats a good reply from kate a few weeks ago there was a story in our local news about a couple who were getting married and the place were they were holding their reception had gone bust but they got some joy as i top hotel stepped in and offered them the room (it was a midweek wedding) so they were chuffed and the paper were there on the day they wed

BrianW

BrianW Report 9 Jun 2004 21:57

Not as bad as the photographer doing it all and finding out afterwards he'd forgotten to put the film in the camera!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Jun 2004 22:41

Claire If you get stuck, my sister is a photographer. She takes all my grave stone pictures so I'm sure a wedding will be a change of scene! lol Jeanette

Philip

Philip Report 10 Jun 2004 11:24

Hello Claire, Sorry about what happened. I'm sure you'll sort aomething out, though, so have a great day! Just a suggestion - you may already have arranged this through friends/ relatives etc, but why not get a photographer who does video as well? When we got married (being 3rd time around for both of us) we only had a very small reception, so we booked a local guy who did video. The idea was to be able to show it to the wider gang later. Anyway, it came out brilliantly. He was able to film the whole ceremony (often you find that you're not allowed to take stills during the wedding itself, but you can use a video camera). When he sent us the finished product, he also included a CD of still piccies he'd cut from the video. Anyway, just an idea. Good luck! Philip

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 11 Jun 2004 21:45

Any update Claire??????

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jun 2004 21:54

claire ,it must be areally streesful time for you all but your daughter must be more stressed than you.this is her special day.you have got to keep calm as no matter what you do you can't change what has happened.the only advice i can give you is to look in your local yellow pages and find a local photographer who can do it for you or try talking pages.try not to worry.it will work itself out lisax

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 14 Jun 2004 06:51

Claire, Wonderful! I have been looking for news and was delighted to see it there this morning. Happy wedding to everyone! Love, Elisabeth xxx

Trish

Trish Report 14 Jun 2004 08:29

Claire, I'm so pleased it's turned out so well - here's to some brilliant photos by someone who knows what he's doing.

Gwen

Gwen Report 15 Jun 2004 19:14

Wonderful news Claire, Hope the sun shines for you all on Sat.19th, and that everything goes smoothly.Enjoy the day. Best Wishes Gwen

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 15 Jun 2004 19:29

Claire Deep breaths, hanky at the ready the BIG day is approaching and what ever happens good or bad it will all add to make a memorable family occassion to remember and to tell the GRANDCHILDREN : ) Have a fantastic day ALL of you. Much happiness Debi