General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why dont GR make it easier to edit rellies!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 10 Jun 2004 08:12

why dont GR make it easier to edit rellies, I have someone down with the wrong mother but will have to delete all children plus their partners and children and so on to get it right too many to do. I contacted GR nearly 2 weeks ago asking if they could change it for me but no response. tracy

Robert

Robert Report 10 Jun 2004 09:41

We're working hard on a new release of the site. This will make adding, deleting and editing relatives a lot easier as well as bringing in a lot of new features. Bear with us!

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 10 Jun 2004 10:40

hi robert thank you for your reply , hope its soon thanks tracy

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 10 Jun 2004 11:17

just been to edit some relations and i could pick the mother for ones i was adding but unable to change the mother of the one i wanted changing tracy

Penny

Penny Report 10 Jun 2004 13:41

Oh good, I have uploaded my gedcom and as it was from my home software my tree includes many living relatives. I have been painstakenly going through changing their first names to living but I would much prefer to delete them on my GC tree altoghether. Will await the improvements eagerly, can you make sure its announced loudly please. Penny

June

June Report 10 Jun 2004 13:49

Tracy When I entered the wrong names I just changed it to ??? then I will put the correct one in when I have it

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 10 Jun 2004 14:00

This is what wrong put 2 brothers down with their siblings with same mother then discover that their dad was married b4, so 2 brothers had wrong mother managed to change 1st brother over has he had no other branch, but cant do it on 2nd as he has branched off, then you have to delete everyone else to get to him which there too many to do so he is stuck with his step mum for now. Hope you understand that as im getting confused myself. tracy lol