General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

urgent suggestions please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chezzy

chezzy Report 10 Jun 2004 08:38

my little lad has got chewing gum in his hair above his temple and wrapped down to his scalp..hes meant to be my brothers pageboy nxt month so dnt wana chop it really if i can get way with it..anyone any ideas how to get it out????his hair wnt grow back if i shave it off getting desperate.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 10 Jun 2004 08:40

oh no what a thing to happen i know you can get chewing gum off carpets ect by freezing it with ice not to sure if this will work on hair but id give it a go save cutting it off. hope this helps take care tina xxx

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 10 Jun 2004 08:46

Cherie I just typed. 'chewing gum in hair' into Google and it brought up quite a few suggestions,,,one was egg white..Hope you get it out..what a nightmare,,,,kids,,,lol

chezzy

chezzy Report 10 Jun 2004 09:10

thanx guys will try both...def kids who'd av em lol.x

chezzy

chezzy Report 10 Jun 2004 10:36

hi all...just rang my hairdreser she suggested hairspray and perseveirance!! will let ya know how i get on.

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 10 Jun 2004 12:02

shove his head in the freezer for an hour! then when it hardens just snap it off!

Ann

Ann Report 10 Jun 2004 12:06

Paul, I'm sure you must be a NICE person really!!!!!!!!! lol Ann

Angela

Angela Report 10 Jun 2004 13:44

Not sure if it will help, but when my husband sat on some chewing gum left on a train seat while wearing his best suit, and then didn't spot it till we'd driven home in the car I got it off suit and seat with something called "sticky stuff remover" which you can get from Lakeland Plastic shops, Betterware and probably other places too. I have never tried it on hair but its a useful product to keep at home because it is good for removing stubborn marks caused by sticky labels you peel off of china and plastic etc. Might be worth a go. Angela

Janice

Janice Report 10 Jun 2004 14:25

Give him a "No 2 or 3" all over! It will look nice for the wedding in a month's time. Janice

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Jun 2004 14:40

Apparently peanut butter works.

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 10 Jun 2004 16:25

Oh Cherie, Hate to say this but your dilemma did make me laugh!!!!!!! (Having a small boy myself!!). You will let us know how you got on won't you?? Yours with lots of sympathy, but no new solutions to offer!! Maggie