General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

England...here I come.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 10 Jun 2004 18:22

On the spur of the moment, I decided to "come home" this summer. I have just got off expedia and am due to leave here July 1st. I can hardly wait. 6 weeks of stuffing my face with good ol' English food and hours spent in various Record offices...Lancashire, Cheshire and Cornwall. See you soon.

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 10 Jun 2004 18:25

What a great time to come. Hopefully England will have won Euro 2004 by thenand the whole country will be smiling for weeks!! Enjoy yourself Pam

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jun 2004 21:17

Carol - Have a fantastic time - sausage and mash!! toad in the hole!! shepherds pie!! good old sunday roast!!!!!!!!FISH AND CHIPS!!!!! Liver and bacon - endless!!! Jude. s.wales

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 11 Jun 2004 01:34

Pam..thank you. I,m sure I will enjoy myself and I,ll also be wearing a big smile ( at least for 6 weeks) Jude... Don,t forget Steak and kidney, cornish pasties, cheshire cheese, custard tart, chocolate digestives, walnut whips, cream teas. I have a feeling I will have to pay excess baggage for the return flight and that,s before they weigh my bags! Lol.

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 11 Jun 2004 01:49

Maria, Thanks for the kind wishes. I had my Mum and best friend over here last year for 9 weeks. I had to drag my 76 year old mum away from Disneyworld. Lol. Maybe this year she,ll take me to Alton Towers.

June

June Report 11 Jun 2004 08:59

Carol Whereabouts are you coming to in England?

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 11 Jun 2004 15:17

June, I,m starting off on the Wirral, in Cheshire, then a couple of weeks with my Mum in the Cotswolds, with a side trip to Cornwall. I,m also hoping to return to Widnes with my cousin so we can do some rellie hunting. I,m still in shock at how quickly I decided to do this so the plans are somewhat topsy-turvy right now.

June

June Report 11 Jun 2004 16:32

Carol I dont know when you fly back or even if you will have the time, but a few of us are meeting up in Manchester on Tuesday the 10th August, you are very welcome to come and join us rellie hunters

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 11 Jun 2004 18:29

June...What a kind invitation. I would love to come if all my plans work out. I fly out of Manchester on the 16th and will probably spend my last week "somewhere" in the Merseyside area. ( Depending on which rellie or friend has a spare bed!).

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 11 Jun 2004 20:09

Carol Have emailed you direct but would love to meet up if not before at the Manchester meeting in August. Maybe a walk at Parkgate? Linda x

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 11 Jun 2004 22:24

Carol, Don't forget crumpets, pikelets, Eccles cakes and Marmite!! Strange combination, but don't eat all together. I hope you have a wonderful time. Sue

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 11 Jun 2004 22:37

Thank you all for your kind wishes. Now I,m REALLY excited. William in Liverpool...I would love to meet up. Are you going to the Manchester thingy? Linda.... I will email you direct. Parkgate sounds a lovely idea. Sylvia.... I don,t know, crumpets spread with marmite with pikelets on top followed by eccles cakes. Yum. Lol. Jude by the seaside...you must type faster than me. I just saw your message. Thank you also.