General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Football mania - men only or women included?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 10 Jun 2004 21:26

We cannot get away from it - yes, football. I don't mind because I like it, but my husband doesn't. He will now and again watch a match, particularly if his favourite team is playing, but very seldom. I know he will be pleased when it is all over. Difficult for me when England play Holland!!

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jun 2004 21:28

I am a lifelong Crystal Palace supporter - people used to say someone has to! They're playing in 'friendlies' in Belfast, at Loftus Park, and Portman Road next month. Joy (Kentish Maid, b Beckenham)

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 11 Jun 2004 07:21

i love football and always have done but my hubby hates it he did has watched some matches at a pub (and no hes not a big drinker and rarely goes to the pub) when i wanted too and he kept me compnay

Suzy

Suzy Report 11 Jun 2004 13:06

Hello Joy Having lived in and around Bromley for the last 30 years I was ABSOLUTELY delighted when Crystal Palace won the play-off to get into the Premiership. They really deserve it. Since they are only 15 minutes down the road, we hope to go and see a few matches. Mind you, coming originally from West London, I am a Chelsea fan....so watch out!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jun 2004 13:37

although ime a welshman,i will be cheering for england on sunday against france,should be a good game,but england will be doing well if they can scrape a draw...my team is third division swansea,but living in london,i can only see them a couple of times a year...best wishes...bryan.

valinkent

valinkent Report 11 Jun 2004 14:04

Looking forward to the footty just love it ,having got a football mad husband supports Reading 3 sons and grandsons all who are football mad it has always been go with the flow in our house .Good luck England you can do it . Val GC

syljo

syljo Report 11 Jun 2004 19:37

Trish, what fun it would be to fill the football with cement - very amusing. I really could see the funny side of that. I think all players shirts should be made of paper, then we can really see who pulls whose shirt. They all do it I know.

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jun 2004 22:07

only really watch my favourite team arsenal and will be watching euro 2004 cheering our lads on surrounded by tinnies and nibbles.goin to be a tough game but i think the score will be 2-1 to england.come on england!