General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

R.A.F COSFORD AIRSHOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 10 Jun 2004 22:16

SUNDAY 13th JUNE. ANYONE GOING?

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 10 Jun 2004 22:17

I'm going.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jun 2004 22:19

Hi Helen, can't get away from you LOL No I'm not going, but I'm still very excited because I'm going to my middle nephew's First Holy Communion. It's the first time I've been to a 'birth' family gathering .... really looking forward to it but very nervous at the same time! I hope you all have a great day there, I will think of you if I see a plane overhead that day, love Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jun 2004 22:30

Hi all, While you are there could someone find out if they keep any archives? My dad was based there in 1940 which is why I was born at Shifnal Cottage Hospital instead of South London. Jim

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 10 Jun 2004 22:36

Grampa Jim, if you want to e-mail me with some details, I'll see what I can find out.

badger

badger Report 11 Jun 2004 08:46

Jim, Will is right as regards the records. If you want to know what your dad was doing ,during those years send for his service records[i have the address if you e/mail me] they cost £25 but give you date joined ,trade taken ,qualifications gained ,postings, next of kin details and much more besides,well worth the money.Fred.