General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cleaning irons

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 11 Jun 2004 08:13

How do i clean my iron with vinegar? I know there's a way to do it but cant remember how..

badger

badger Report 11 Jun 2004 08:18

Morning claire how is my old stomping ground this morning?Type vinigar cleaner into your search engine and watch the results come up.Fred.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 11 Jun 2004 08:20

Thanks Fred..Lincolnshire is a bit breezy this morning but the sun is nice,,

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 11 Jun 2004 08:23

Just found on 'Fifty uses for vinegar',,,,it will remove skunk smells from your dog and stop chickens pecking each other,,,lol

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Jun 2004 08:25

Iron?? Whats an iron??!! Don't you mean 'instrument of torture'?? Maz. XX

badger

badger Report 11 Jun 2004 08:29

You should take some round to my sister then ,she has an old english sheepdog called [fred?, must be a family name] and it keeps rolling in the farmyard down the lane,think it might be too much for your cure though rotfl Fred.

badger

badger Report 11 Jun 2004 08:32

Whats this womanly adversion to irons Maz? when my wife hears the word she turns pale and has palpitations ,come to think of it ,my sis is the same so it has to be some sort of disease lol.Fred.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Jun 2004 08:39

Fred - ironing is not only boring and hot, its pointless too. As soon as you put the clothes on they get creased again anyway so WHAT'S THE POINT!!!! And YES I've got a big pile of it here to do!! Grrrrrr...... Maz. XX

badger

badger Report 11 Jun 2004 08:51

Yeah, i do know how you feel,i spent a lot of years in the air force and did a load of my own ,well i couldn,t send it home to mum could i ? any way ,guess what , i hated it too.But pointless,? i don,t think our d.is would agree with you.fred.

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 11 Jun 2004 11:24

I R O N ....is a four letter word! Ain't that right Maz????? Dee X

Philip

Philip Report 11 Jun 2004 11:37

'Fraid my wife's an iron-oholic! EVERYTHING gets ironed in our house. If you stand around long enough, you're likely to end up on the board being branded! lol! Be warned! Philip

Stacey

Stacey Report 11 Jun 2004 11:40

I just dont have time to iron. I got one (well 3 actually!) of those clothes driers from QVC. It is a stand the arms pop out and you hang the clothes on the hangers onto little holes. It really helps also as the clothes are on the hangers you can then put them right into the wardrobe. It has to be the best thing I have got in ages!

Sand

Sand Report 11 Jun 2004 20:50

Hi Claire, i have just discovered a brilliant trick for cleaning irons--toothpaste! It works a treat and doesn't leave a nasty smell like some shop-bought iron cleaners do.