General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Off Sick-Broken foot"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 11 Jun 2004 17:05

I fell down a step yesterday,and broke the cuboid bone in my foot,Got a bright purple cast on up to my knee-bored stupid-in a lot off pain-any suggestions what to do with all this time off work.

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 11 Jun 2004 17:06

Di You have my sympathies - must be painful. Just think of all time you can spend doing family history Liz

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 11 Jun 2004 17:12

Hi Di, Don't want to put a dampner on things but is it a job you do sitting down? A guy I work with did exactly the same thing about 8 weeks ago and they arranged a rota for people to pick him up and take him home so he could come into work. Naomi

Linda

Linda Report 11 Jun 2004 18:01

Bright purple I wouldn't stand! for that- go back and tell them you want one in red & white!!! Lynn.

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Jun 2004 20:48

Hi Di i do feel for you i broke my ankle last year, my plaster was flourescent pink with a green go faster stripe. i did some cross stitch, knitting and family tree while layed up/ word of warning if you've not done it before, when they remove your plaster and you stand for the first time its really painful, i got a bit of a shock as i didn't expect it to hurt after 6 weeks. i hope you don't get to fed up,or bored (((((((hugs for you))))))) sandra

Annie

Annie Report 11 Jun 2004 20:58

Not to mention how hairy the leg looks ...... Annie (in memory of her own leg in plaster)

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 11 Jun 2004 21:35

Come on Di, Hop to it.

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Jun 2004 21:57

sorry to hear about your injury,but if i were you enjoy the time off work and just put your feet up.oops sorry your foot!lisax

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 11 Jun 2004 22:11

Come on Di, football starts tomorrow!!! Hope its not too painful. Pam

Marlene

Marlene Report 11 Jun 2004 22:34

oh dear thats a nasty break, my hubbys the plaster technician in newport , he winds the kids up with their plaster colours as he's a man united supporter so he picks out the red , the kids go mad if they support arsnal. have you thought about crocheting shawls for the geriatric wards in your local hospital , our ward has them and they look lovely on the beds , plus the ladies can put them over their legs or shoulders if they get cold.

Diane

Diane Report 12 Jun 2004 17:12

Thanks everyone for your sympathies,still bored to death- i'm not the type of person to be off work, although I did offer to go in,they wouldn't hear of it. Speak to you soon Di...