General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I feel sad :o(((

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 12 Jun 2004 08:38

I contacted one of my dads cousins to ask her if she could help with our family history. She did gladly and gave me info on her parents and brother, told me that her dad had served in both world war 1 & 2 and that the army was his life - in fact they had to kick him out because he wouldn't go!! Anyway, to cut a long story short, i got all the info i had together and printed it off a PAF - it was quite a few pages. Off i went to my parents with it thinking i'll pop up to see her as she'd be interested to read about the family, only to be told by my dad that she had died a couple of days earlier. I couldn't believe it! I feel sad that she didn't get a chance to see what info i had found about our family. If only i had prepared it sooner...... Tracey x

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Jun 2004 09:56

Tracey i'm sure she enjoyed passing you the information knowing it was going to be recorded for future generations,to read my deepest sympathies for your loss take care sandra