General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OK I give in........Who's from Surrey? (with or wi

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 12 Jun 2004 11:27

Me for one!................... It's lovely and sunny at the moment, but overcast earlier. Think it might rain here later though :o( ......................... Anyone else?......................... Sue................................... PS Just as I wrote that, the sun went in! Is someone trying to tell me something? LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jun 2004 14:48

i love all these..whos from where..posts,and i cant help but join in lol...well the government are always changing boundaries etc...ime in thornton heath,nr croydon,and weve always been surrey..but over the years its changed to greater london,and recently south london...but to me it will always be surrey.....bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jun 2004 15:30

I'm from Sanderstead - the Hamsey Green end and my childhood was spent going to and from Warlingham to Bailey the butcher's at Aberdeen House, and the library. I went to Attwood Primary School and vividly remember the day a pig escaped from the nearby farm to come to our playground! My grandmother was born in Richmond when it was Surrey and not part of Greater London.

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 12 Jun 2004 16:29

Hi everyone I live in Surrey(27 years) but was not born here so maybe I don't count. Brian I'm with you hate the boundary changes and counties losing there identity. When writing a letter I still put Staffordshire and not West Midlands. I think our decendants will be very confused with all the changes. Pat