General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

are woman just as good as men?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 13 Jun 2004 08:51

i coach my sons soccer team and as im awoman i did come up against some stick of the other parents one especially couldnt believe cos i was a woman i was coaching ,then every game she would tell me where her son wanted to go, well now cos he hasnt had man of the match yet (bearing in mind the has only been 4 games to award them too and they are only 7) she has pulled him of the team i do feel like saying to her well he was rubbish anyway and all the kids will get a turn at man of the match so what do you think are woman just as good as men at coaching a side.

badger

badger Report 13 Jun 2004 08:59

They are Kylie,the only trouble is the game is classed as a male domain,and you have to be [better] to take the extra stick.from the parents.You should find a lot of them coming round to the idea and then even getting some help,from some, go for it.Fred.

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Jun 2004 09:21

Hi Kylie i think their are certain jobs due to physical strength that only men are able to do, or extremely strong women. coaching doen't come into this in my mind so keep it up. i think this poor lad is unfortunate to have such a selfish mother, whether he was any good or not doesn't come into it if the kid enjoyed playing.then he should have been allowed to continue we can't all be brilliant at something but we might enjoy doing it, the mother needs a good telling off in my book sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jun 2004 09:21

I doubt if its because you're a woman. She just thinks her son is better than he is because he's her son. There's a lot of this from parents at my local rugby club where there's only 1 female coach and the rest are men - the male coaches get stick every week from certain parents who think they know better about where their son should play and so on. Helen