General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bob

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bob

Bob Report 13 Jun 2004 16:17

The saga of Bob and the Builder

Bob

Bob Report 13 Jun 2004 16:19

Twas a wonderful day in old Bob’s house Sun shining, the garden all green When the neighbour he started the building work, really he’s keen This neighbour on one side of Bob’s house Has bought the house on t’other side And now he has started improvements I think that I’m going to hide There’s digging and sawing and laughter The front garden’s gone to the tip On the hedge that once stood between us With a saw he has been letting rip When all of the work is completed He’s hoping that someone will buy it I’ve no doubt that he’ll make a profit I just hope the new owners are quiet My daughter says she will leave home Cos she can’t stay asleep after dawn My wife says the workers are thirsty They need cups of tea on the lawn It’s evening but there is no let up Though the sun she continues to shine I am not sure their work they will give up E’en though twill soon be home time The shadows grow longer and longer But still we can’t get any peace The roar of the digger grows louder You’d think they were ent’ring a race Ah! Peace, blessed peace has descended Again I can hear the birds sing I shall take my drink out in the garden Before the church bell starts to ring

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Jun 2004 17:12

Nice one Bob! I sypathise mate. Our neighbour decided to lay a patio and was at it all day with a brick cutter the other Sunday. And my Mum lives next to a builder who is renovating his house. She's now got cracks in her newly plastered lounge due to his banging. Such is life! Jeanette

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 13 Jun 2004 18:54

Hi Bob Liked your poem I'll swop neighbours if you like but you will have to live in Lancashire 18 mths ago my nest door neighbour died and her eldest daughter and husband took over the house and planned lots of changes He is a builder by trade so you would think that things would be done quickly. WRONG! He has been working on the house ever since they moved in but as he never starts until about 4 o'clock(He doesn't go to work) and carries on till all hours banging, sawing using a cement mixer. that's when his wife is home Her job takes her abroad a lot then he does hardly anythng at all . Sometimes when he's been out with his mates he starts a midnight because she is due home in a couple of days Their back garden looks like a building site The only good thing that has come out of it is that they put up a new party fence that matched the rest of ours MY neighbour always refused to have a high fence there Bren