General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Registry offices - thumbs up!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caz

Caz Report 14 Jun 2004 15:57

I can't get over it. Last Friday afternoon (3pm UK time) I phoned Clitheroe registry office to order a certificate. It arrived today (Monday) at midday - and I live in France. Now, that's what I call service. Any other thumbs up?

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Jun 2004 16:04

WELL what can i say, congratulations!!!!! it makes me laugh the postal service take ages to get any mail delivered in England, maybe we should divert all our mail through you, and ours will arrive quicker lol sandra

Caz

Caz Report 14 Jun 2004 16:14

Not boasting about French postal service, Sandra. Our local postie is quite good at forgetting parcels in the back of her van - once kept my ink cartridges in the back of her van for a fortnight (no comments from you men out there). In the meantime I was going hairless with the supplier!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jun 2004 16:29

Hi Carole, I think you must have had some of my post then ... I work in a school and write to the local sorting office just before every holiday to redirect the mail to my home address. They usually oblige, but it didn't happen during the last half term. I must add that the sorting office is walking distance from the school, yet I always have to post a letter, can't give it to our postman/lady! They started off by saying that I didn't write a letter this time, but I definitely did, they obviously didn't want to admit to losing it .... but a few days ago they apologised because my letter went to FRANCE - we live in a town called FROME. But my writing isn't that bad LOLOL

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Jun 2004 16:31

carole you can boast as much as you like about your postal service maybe ours will start to copy. fingers crossed may be a long wait lol sandra

Caz

Caz Report 14 Jun 2004 16:39

Well, postlady is OK for taking the letters but the 'boss' at the post office tells me off if the envelope is not 'standard'. Hubby got told off by the police last week because the car was dirty, and the neighbour was told off by them for driving around in his overalls (he's a farmer!) Oh well, rural life, suppose it keeps them busy.