General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SOUND IN THE WORLD??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindy

Lindy Report 14 Jun 2004 18:15

The sound of little children laughing. It is such an infectious giggle, I can hear them and see them playing in the grass across the road. Lindy;-)

Debbi

Debbi Report 14 Jun 2004 18:29

The sound of a new born baby cooing and gurgling Debbi

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 14 Jun 2004 18:31

"Nan" as said by my 4 year old grandson. Jean x.

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Jun 2004 19:00

a new born baby, and loads of others, but not the postman he brings bills lol sandra

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 14 Jun 2004 19:35

In this noisy, car mad, firework mad, TV and CD, screaming and shouting world in which we live?????? For me it's Silence! (Just sometimes!) Dee X

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 14 Jun 2004 21:06

Hi Lindy, For me, it must be the birds singing, on a warm summers evening, when everywhere is quiet, and I`m sitting by my fish pond.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Jun 2004 22:39

The clanking of the barrels as the draymen restock the local ! (had to lower the tone a bit) Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jun 2004 23:01

Have to agree with the original post... childrens laughter... and when my son calls me daddy (his first word)...

MizzyH

MizzyH Report 14 Jun 2004 23:29

Have to agree with the laughter of children and birdsong. But also, for me, the sound of my favourite music AND (also lowering the tone somewhat!) The sound of a cork being popped!!

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Jun 2004 14:57

Our oldest son Jared is disabled with cerebral palsy,he's blind as well and can't talk.A couple of years ago he said hello and night night,he also spoke at school so they knew it wasn't us imagining things.Very ossasionally he says hello,it's wonderful and we all feel like crying ( and do ). Wendy