General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TWO DAYS TO GO Retirement day 21st June

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jun 2004 18:31

One week from today i will have retired no i am not 60 but i want to enjoy what life i have left ,and i am realy looking foward to it. Margaret

Philip

Philip Report 14 Jun 2004 18:37

Well done, Margaret, welcome to the Quality of Life Club!!! Philip

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jun 2004 18:40

Philip i like that ,Quality of Life Club very good Margaret

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 14 Jun 2004 18:41

Margaret I hope you enjoy your retirement, sit back relax and enjoy best wishes tracy

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 14 Jun 2004 18:44

I took early retirement 9 years ago ( I'm still not 60!) and its fantastic so many new things to discover and the time to do it! Except when caring for grandchildren ( the parents think you are sitting at home all day bored how wrong can you be!!) Enjoy it you deserve it. Linda x

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Jun 2004 18:53

HI MARGARET i hope you enjoy it, i'm medically retired, at 42 and its surprising how much you miss out on whilst working. although i would like to have had the choice. Enjoy your freetime, and your hobbies old and new sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jun 2004 19:53

Good for you Margaret. I wish you a long, healthy and very happy retirement. Mandy :)

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Jun 2004 21:34

I retired early last year,have not got as much money as I used to have,but I have now got so much more from life. ENJOY Brenda

John

John Report 15 Jun 2004 18:49

Margaret, a word of warning ! Retirement means working 7 days a week ! Sunday is the same as Tuesday, is the same as Thursday............... I "retired" in 1988 and I love it, but then, I have horses to look after. John