General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why do they do it??? I don't understand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 14 Jun 2004 19:08

I read in the local paper on Saturday that a male swan had been shot in the back of the head by youngsters (polite name for them) with an airgun. I'm sorry but it makes me spit with anger, I feel so much for the female Swan as she has now lost her mate. I cannot for the life of me, imagine what is going on in the minds of these people, what turns them so evil, they can't have been born like it. I hope it's the police that catch up with them and not me, would not be responsible for my actions!!!!!!!!

Sand

Sand Report 14 Jun 2004 19:15

Hi Lynda, I don't understand it either. All I can think is that these kids haven't been brought up to respect the value of another life. I can't believe air pistols are still allowed to be used by kids--I knew a boy who was blinded by one. Horrible.

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 Jun 2004 19:27

hI lYNDA I SHALL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE MENTALITY OF SOME PEOPLE, WHY HURT OR KILL ANIMALS THAT DO NO HARM, PUNISHMENT SHOULD BE MUCH HARSHER FOR THESE PEOPLE, AND THIS GUNS SHOULD BE BANNED, THEY CAUSE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS THAT EVERYONE CAN DO WITHOUT !!!! SANDRA

Lynda

Lynda Report 14 Jun 2004 19:42

Well all I can add really is I dearly hope there is truth in Karma, and what goes around comes around and threefold for these people. I feel ashamed to say it about another human being, but I think they are a waste of space!!! Kind regards Di from one B&H girl to another! (;-)))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jun 2004 19:46

No, I can't begin to imagine what's going on in their heads. You can't always blame it on the parents, but I'd like to bet that their parents don't know and don't care what they're out doing. And airguns should definitely be banned. Mandy :(

syljo

syljo Report 14 Jun 2004 19:53

Really sickening, these youngsters certainly need taking in hand now. Fancy being married to one later in life! Discipline, and lots of hard work is what they need. Sylvia

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jun 2004 20:03

How would they feel if someone came along and did the same thing to their pet it makes you wonder what sort of a world we now live in. Margaret

Sand

Sand Report 14 Jun 2004 20:13

Your story reminds me of when I was little and caught a friend of mine throwing stones at a bird's nest. I stepped in to defend the birds. I was so upset that someone could harm something so incapable of defending itself--I cried for ages after! I cannot understand it--all I can think is that their parents treat them badly so they take it out on other beings. I know a lot of children and don't think any of them are capable of such cruelty. Most kids are decent and honest--and will hopefully stand out above the bad ones!

Ernest

Ernest Report 14 Jun 2004 22:39

I wish that the clock could be turned back at least 50 years, as far as morals, decency, and respect are concerned. Those were the days when a man or a boy would stand up on a crowded bus to allow a lady to sit down. And although money was a lot tighter then, you never heard of an old lady or gent being mugged. A drug was something that the doctor gave you if you were ill. There was a thing lurking in the background called the Birch. I never knew anybody that it was used on, but the mere mention of it filled you with dread. When you were at school you called your teacher Sir Or Miss. If you received the cane as punishment and told your Mam then you got another smack around the Lug hole for good measure. If a funeral went past the men would stop and doff their caps in respect. I received the cane on several occasions and i don't think that it caused me to have perverted tendancies and I certainly don't think that it caused any lasting harm. But along came all the do- gooders and the anti-caning and anti-smacking mob. And good god just look what they have done to the world. Submitted without apology. Ernest

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 14 Jun 2004 22:55

Point 1. Air weapons by law must not be sold to a person under 16. Under 16's can only use them supervised by a responsible adult. So, if under age, where and when did they get the gun, and what the hell are the parents [if they know] doing about it Point 2. If caught, bring them to me - I have a device that will hopefully ensure that they don't do it again. It is what I use when watching out at badger setts [for badger baiters]. It is called a baseball bat, and makes a nasty mess of shins. Badger Bill

Lynda

Lynda Report 15 Jun 2004 07:25

I totally agree Ernest, It has become far too not PC to administer punishment these days, I would advocate 2 years in the Army, for those in need of it, but why inflict them!!!! on HM's Services!!! Bill I don't think there is enough monitoring on these weapons, If as you say it's illegal to own an airgun under 16, maybe these little monsters were over 16, in my opinion should know better if under, how do they manage to get the air pellets?? On your second point, well done for looking out for the badgers, and yes if I knew who they were you can have them!!! Sorry if that's not PC Lynda