General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wahey, a newsletter ,finally

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

badger

badger Report 15 Jun 2004 08:55

I have been a member for nearly two years ,and got my first newsletter this morning .Things are looking up [i hope ] anyone else? Fred.

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 15 Jun 2004 08:58

got one too Jan

June

June Report 15 Jun 2004 09:00

Fred, is it the one where they say they changed the name to encourage more members? When the page cant be found message comes up, it says it is because of the number of members trying to access the board. Shouldn't they do something about that first!

Lucky

Lucky Report 15 Jun 2004 09:03

Me too. first one ever, what a surprise!! Diane

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 15 Jun 2004 09:11

I didn't get a GC/R newsletter but I did get the FR names update this morning. Just updating me on those who had joined. i have never had a GC/R newsletter. Now I'm going to cry :-( Viv.

badger

badger Report 15 Jun 2004 09:12

My June ,arn,t we the cynical one ? he ,he i think you could well be right Fred.G

badger

badger Report 15 Jun 2004 09:22

Yeah ,i can hardly believe it thinking of a print out and frame job lol Fred.P,S it looks as though i may have beaten the ladies [for once]

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 15 Jun 2004 09:29

Me too! Mine came through late last night. Jeanette

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Jun 2004 09:59

I GOT MINE TOO SANDRA

Ann

Ann Report 15 Jun 2004 10:36

Hi Fred, I've got one too!!!! Ann

Philip

Philip Report 15 Jun 2004 10:37

Nuh.... stagecoach still on the way! Philip

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 15 Jun 2004 13:29

Just had my first newsletter too! Linda

Flossie

Flossie Report 15 Jun 2004 15:10

I got one.

Joy

Joy Report 15 Jun 2004 15:27

I'm getting paranoid. I've not had one! Joy

Joy

Joy Report 15 Jun 2004 19:26

No longer paranoid about GC!!! Just received a newsletter. However, I wouldn't really call it a proper newsy newsletter, so don't get too excited!!! In fact, this is what it said:- Dear Joy, We've changed our name. Genes Connected is now Genes Reunited. But don't worry, it's still the same great site, run by the same team - and it's still all about making connections with your family's history. We've done it to make it easier for people who haven't yet caught the genes bug to understand what the site does. So we can attract new enthusiasts - which we hope will lead to more family trees to explore and a better service for you. New on the site this month I'm pleased to tell you we have been busy making changes to meet your requests. First off, we have now made the family tree pages printer friendly! So you can print off your tree really easily. Click here to visit your tree. Secondly we've made big improvements to the message boards. You can now view a list of your own threads and/or replies and also: sort threads by topic, date, topic originator or number of replies and search topics by keywords. The GR message boards are a great way to find family, discover information on ancestors and get advice from fellow family researchers. Genealogy News Do you have Jewish ancestry? A new database dedicated to British Jewish records has been launched at www.Jewishgen.org/databases/uk , containing 55,000 records - a useful companion to the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain (www.jgsgb.org.uk) Several family history fairs are on the horizon including- Wiltshire FHS Fair on 19 June (www.wiltshirefhs.co.uk ) and Yorkshire FHS Fair at York Racecourse on 26 June. For details of these and more see www.familyhistoryfairs.com Another fantastic success story Photo: Daily Mail I have been found by my son who was adopted when he was 10 days old. He saw my name on this site and e-mailed me. It was the most fantastic day of my life... Heather Holland If you'd like to toast to your success and win the chance of a bottle of champagne, please send your stories to [email protected]. With Father's Day just around the corner, we'd particularly love to hear stories from fathers who have found their children for the first time, or children who have found their fathers using Genes Reunited. Now with over 13 million names you have a great chance of finding new relatives and ancestors! Please keep your comments on the site coming in because we're always looking to make the site even better! Michelle Genes Reunited This email is being sent to you because you have chosen the option in Your Details. To unsubscribe to this option, visit www.genesreunited.co.uk and change your options in Your Details. If you have any questions please visit our FAQ section So, there you go. To me, most of this seems to be about finding living people especially adopted ... not about families connecting through family history research. Joy