General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

it went in :0))))))))

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jun 2004 10:12

cant belive it but the story on finding my dad is in womans own today more exiting news is (even though i cant because of a contract i signed with the mag) gm tv wanted to do a story the only thing im not happy about is sally savage didnt get a mention as i asked for, without her i would'nt have done it.they did mention joan though (my folks)so sally again i thank you so much tina xxx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 15 Jun 2004 10:31

OOOOh I will buy it today ! Well done, did they pay you for your story? When I had 3 letters printed in the Sun Paper, I got £15 for each one.. Elaine x

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jun 2004 11:32

yep im getting payed for it but i wont recieve any money for 6 weeks im sharing it between my mum dad and me :0) hope you both have a good day too tina xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 11:36

Tina - getting goosebumps - so happy for you -

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 15 Jun 2004 11:51

hi tina just been out and bought a copy, what a lovely story , im so happy for you ,i hope you and your dad and family have many happy times together. best wishes tracy xxxx

Trish

Trish Report 15 Jun 2004 11:52

I'm just off out to buy a copy :-))

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 11:53

page 44 trish :-)

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jun 2004 12:32

thanks she forgot to say what page in my exitement lol

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 15 Jun 2004 13:37

Its a lovely article Tina. I can remember when you first came on the boards and started the hunt. So happy you had such a wonderful outcome.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jun 2004 14:12

valley i know that's one of the brothers i cant find im just hoping someone might reconise my dad and tell him to think he might have served me a drink tina xxx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 15 Jun 2004 21:54

Hey Swampy!!! Bought your mag tonite - great story, great pics, great ad for this site too - hope GC are grateful!! Have a FAB time on Sunday, love to ALL your family! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 22:26

Made hubby stop on the way home from work to buy the mag!! Well done Tina, great story and happy outcome. Really pleased for you, Mandy :)

Annie

Annie Report 15 Jun 2004 23:28

I dashed into the newsagent and bought the Woman's own, whe I got home I couldn't find your article - grrrrrr. The I had another look and saw I'd bought a Woman's Own Plastic Surgery Special - grrr grrr grrr. I'm going to get one first thing in the morning