General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wish i was a RAMAGANDAN.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 19:51

instead of a jones,then perhaps my eyes wouldnt pop out,my head wouldnt buzz,my back wouldnt ache,i wouldnt get the urge to throw my pc,out of the window,i wouldnt shout at my dog,who now thinks that behind the sofa,is the safest place,in the house...theres millions of JONES uugghhh!!!!! i need a massage......bryan.

Sand

Sand Report 15 Jun 2004 19:57

Tell me about it! On my Mam's side, I'm so lucky--Goffin, Harrabin, Munson, Swartz, Palin, all unusual names. Dad, however, is constantly nagging me to get on with his side, but he's an Adams! And his Mam was a Dixon! I told him I'd be able to get on with his tree if he wasn't a common Adams--funnily enough, he wasn't impressed!

Sue

Sue Report 15 Jun 2004 19:58

Sorry Brian, I thought you said you wanted a message! Was just going to say Hi! LOL Sue PS I have Jones too - and Davi(e)s and Evans and Williams, but no Smiths yet!

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 20:00

My family names aren't too bad, some even quite unusual, so it hasn't been really hair-tearing so far. But when my sister-in-law said that she'd never known her paternal grandparents and could I help her find them, I agreed straightaway as I love helping people. That was, until I found out she's a Smith! Found the grandparents easy enough but now bitten by the bug to find more for her, so I will come on to this thread and scream a bit in the near future! Mandy :)

Dobbs

Dobbs Report 15 Jun 2004 20:02

I have a friend called Jones, trouble is she's welsh, AND they were all miners as well! Boy is she having fun! I Should put you in touch, you could yell together! LOL

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 15 Jun 2004 20:03

But if you were a Ramagandan, you'd lose all possibility of being related to my Joneses.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 20:05

marion,great minds think alike...oggy,oggy,oggy.....must dash,on my way to sues lol. bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 20:14

dobbs,a lot of mine were miners,working at cefn ceod,an anthracite mine,they would get home after their shift,tired and hungry,and i would sit at the table,staring at their chips,until they gave me some lol....bryan.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 15 Jun 2004 20:47

brian i dont know if we are related but my mum was a hayward before she married my dad. i typed in hayward on the ancestry.com site and was shocked to find on the tree site of it, someone had done the whole family tree back to 1800s no i think it was 1600s. It was my grandads side and branches leading off, i was too scared to wander off main tree in case i got lost. however i didnt want to find him, i wanted the thomas side of nanas family, that is too common, have yu seen how many elizabeth ann thomases lived in cardiff in late 1800s? as for hubbys side of evans, where do i even start, they came from scotland. and stoke. haywards was nice to find though , interesting.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Jun 2004 21:07

julie anne...yes hayward.. should be interesting,but i hit more problems...my dad was victor hayward,but his brothers were clarkes,even his younger sister was a clarke?? the suns over the yardarm,so ime going to have a wee dram,and do something else for a while lol....bryan.