General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need to let you all know

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 16 Jun 2004 00:00

once i'd calmed down and reread the mag i am so annoyed at what my dad quoted i need to let you all know my mum left him for a very good reason but at the end of the article it makes my mum sound bad and she did what she did for her reasons i love my mum to bits and she is so upset just wish she could read this tina xxx

Brenda

Brenda Report 16 Jun 2004 02:54

Tina wanted to let you know I have the magazine and have read the article,sorry it has been marred by the comments. Thought the pictures were great. Brenda

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 16 Jun 2004 06:55

tina i have read your story and your dads quote, dont be too mad at your dad, maybe there is a posibility that they have not quoted him correctly, it dose happen tracy

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 16 Jun 2004 08:40

thanks for your replys they didnt miquote my dad in what he said,i really feel hurt for my mum, she really now wants to have her say,any hope of them ever speaking again has now been dashed.i feel so low about this and wish it was never published.at the moment i want to add a thread telling what happened but i dont think any of you would be that interested lol sorry to moan on i just feel its marred what should of been a fun time tina xxx

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 16 Jun 2004 09:07

jude thankyou wish i could recieve the hug as im here on my own at the mo, i dont want to put my dad in a bad light but i want people to know why my mum left would it really be okay to put a thread on? tina xxx ps cant email you my emails down

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 16 Jun 2004 10:54

jude i cant recieve any emails im waiting for hubby coming home to sort it out for me the server is down as well xxxxx

Debbi

Debbi Report 16 Jun 2004 11:15

Dear Tina, I really dont know what article you are on about but try not to get angry as you and your mum know the truth and time makes the 'injured' party remember things differantly..its a human response and I expect you dad is still hurt(even thought from what you said above it seems you mum is the injured party).There are times in this life when no matter how wrong someone is they will never see it and they wallow in being the 'injured party' the best thing to do is to leave them to it and stay happy knowing the truth is in your mums and your hearts. Chin up and take care flower Debbi

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jun 2004 13:10

Tina, I'm so sorry you're there on your own with nobody for a hug but I'm sending you some anyway (((((((((tina)))))))))). I got hubby to stop and buy the mag on his way home from work, but to be honest I haven't read it properly yet although the pictures are lovely! Put whatever you want on a thread - we are all your friends and will be glad to be a listening ear for you. It will also help you to get it off your chest. Please send my best wishes to your mum as well. Take care, love Mandy xx

Penny

Penny Report 16 Jun 2004 16:53

Hi Tina, I read your story in Womans Own today. It was a lovely story and if its any consolation the end quote didnt make your mum sound bad at all to me. I quite understand that it has upset you but I just wanted you to know from a 'strangers' point of view it didnt put your mum in a bad light at all. . Researching my own tree and finding out all the scandals etc has been facinating. Throughout the years people seem to have made the same mistakes, and of course they have been quite shameful then. It has taught me that the past is gone,to forgive (but perhaps not forget) Its these human ways that make our ancestors lives so much more interesting.Hope you can feel better about it soon. If telling your mums side of the story will make you feel better please go ahead we are all your friends on here Regards Penny

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 16 Jun 2004 18:49

thankyou all so much xxx jude thankyou for your shoulder :0)xxxxxxxxxx feeling a lot better mum's still mad as hell but ive done all i can thankyou all again for letting me get this of my chest tina xxx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 17 Jun 2004 08:29

Tina Start a new thread by all means & I will reply. ( before tomorrow as im going on holiday) Why not print it out for your mum?? Elaine x

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 17 Jun 2004 08:33

elaine have a great holiday :0) good idea about printing this out thanks tinaxxx

badger

badger Report 17 Jun 2004 08:43

Put it upTina of course we wan,t to know if it,s going to help you.Friends are the ones who stick by you no matter what and we all seem to be a family of sorts on here,just look at the response so far .Fred.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 17 Jun 2004 08:46

fred with everything i found out about my new found family i might write a book never mind a thread lol tina xx