General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apologies re. lookups

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Jun 2004 01:31

Sorry to any people I was hoping to help with info. from my area of south east Kent. I haven't forgotten you and hope to be back out there researching soon but am virtually housebound at present suffering from severe back pain after something 'went' when I was loading the washing machine. I no longer have to crawl on all fours to get around so I'm slowly getting better.

BrianW

BrianW Report 17 Jun 2004 04:38

Hi Gwynneth, Sorry about your back, I know how it feels, having suffered on and off since my teens. Get well soon. We've just booked a caravan site at Canterbury for the end of August, so hope to get into the archives myself and chase those Sherwood pixies. Regards Brian

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 17 Jun 2004 05:35

Gwynneth I havent asked for any look-ups,but just wnted to sympathise with your back problem, Mine 'went' once when i was making up the spare bed,,i couldnt even sit on the loo it was so bad,,so i know how it must be for you, Take it easy and hope you feel better soon, Claire ps..Voltarol is very good for backs,,!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Jun 2004 07:57

Thank you both for your kind words and advice. There is so much that I want to do but can't manage yet. I do think that resting a fair amount is really helping so I guess I will just have to continue with that. Gentle walking is more comfortable than standing so will have to combine rests with zombie style moving round the house! Thanks for your concern.