General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jun 2004 19:14

I joined this site and paid hoping that other people would be willing to share and let others view their trees. A lot of my Jones and other surnames, I have yet not been able to directly connect to their ancestors and therefore can not give true accounts as to where they come from when asking permission to view anothers tree. By searching through other trees, not only I, but others may come across something that might shed some light on our searches. I am willing to share my tree to anyone if I am asksed in hopes that they might also find some shread of information that they have been searching for. I am sorry if I sound too forward on this issue, but I paid a membership fee to use this site thinking that others were willing to share their tress also. I have asked at least 15 people to view their tree to see if I could come across something that may help me in my search. However, I have only one person that was kind enough to give me the priviledge to view their tree. Surely I am not the only one that feels this way. Sincerely: Sandy

Sand

Sand Report 17 Jun 2004 19:36

Hi Sandy, I feel for you. It's very difficult if you have a common surname--I know cos I'm an Adams! I can only suggest that you get more info so that you can narrow your search. The Family Records Centre can help if you have enough info for a search. Also the Latter Day--they are more likely to allow you access then Saints site is fab. I started with nothing more than a few names and a lot of rumours, but I found that the info I got from one family member would trigger off a memory from another, and suddenly it all fell into place and now I have 200 names or so. Can I just mention one thing which struck me about what you said? I have never asked anyone to open their tree to me--I always open mine to them first (you can always end their access later), and they usually respond by doing the same back. I have viewed lots of trees this way. Perhaps your asking is putting people off a bit? Some people are a bit protective of their trees, often for very good reasons. I find it helps to have as much info as possible that could mean a match between their tree and yours. If you like, I am happy to open my tree to you? I have no Jones's, I'm afraid, but I find it really helpful to see other trees and compare how it's done.

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jun 2004 19:42

hi sandra i'm happy to let anyone view my tree, i have alot of names jones in derby moving to london alot in brighton other names cover east hoathly chiddingly heathfield east sussex areas also derby,yorkshire send me an email if your intersted and i'll open mine for you sandra

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jun 2004 19:47

Hi sally, You give some good advise. However, I never ask permission to view anothers tree without offering them to view mine in return. My tree is large and I am not yet finished putting mine up on this site. I know that I would have a lot to offer to those in seach of the same family that I am in seach of. However the particular individuals that I truely am seeking info on are the ones that have given me a brick wall to climb. I thank you for your responce and look fowrward to communicating with you again. Sincerely: Sandy

Bob

Bob Report 17 Jun 2004 20:21

I see you took my advice Sandra - before I gave it LOL

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jun 2004 20:27

I am in search of Jones/Bagshaw, Jones/Davies, and Jones/Smith. names: Solomon Jones and Alice Davies William Solomon Jones and Sara Bagshaw Griffith Solomon Jones John S. Jones Allinor Jones Owen Jones Robert Jones Arthur H. Jones William D. Jones Annie A. Jones there has also been found on census Jane Jones Hugh jones Laura Griffith Anything sound familiar All from 1815 to 1875 all located in wales Thanks to all that responded to my original posting......Sincercerely: Sandy