General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unwanted CD's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 21 Jun 2004 17:31

I've just found an excellent use for unwanted CD's. I've strung them across my small vegetable & soft fruit patch. In the wind they move around flashing in the daylight; keeping the blackbirds away from my raspberries, and sparrows away from lettuces ("didn't know sparrows liked lettuce", nor did I till I caught the little rascals having a good old munch on them!) Try it....Brian

Bob

Bob Report 21 Jun 2004 19:47

The cats round here would probably get the cd player out to play them in the middle of the night:)))

Fairy

Fairy Report 21 Jun 2004 21:09

My neighbour swears they keep Herons away from her pond and eating her goldfish. Jo.

Penny

Penny Report 21 Jun 2004 21:21

They make good coasters too! Penny

Louise

Louise Report 21 Jun 2004 23:59

my mum as cats and yes they do seam to keep the cats away from the plants

Ma

Ma Report 22 Jun 2004 00:13

we have them on a wall so we don't hit it with the car

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 22 Jun 2004 07:26

my son has hung them in the fruit trees to keep birds away plus used them in his fruit and veg patch neighbour thought we had all gone mad.....lol

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jun 2004 08:57

I also use them to stop the birds getting my sees they are also good for the Juniors at archery for target shooting just a mess to clean up after they have used them. Sue