General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Messy little'ins!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 22 Jun 2004 12:47

How can a little 9mth old make so much mess?Even though he is tethered into a high chair,its like a little tornado has swept through the lounge!

June

June Report 22 Jun 2004 12:50

Fee I used to spread a plastic sheet under my daughter's high chair, even then some food missed the sheet

Fee

Fee Report 22 Jun 2004 12:51

Hi June,done that,he messes around it.He is a good aim!

Estelle

Estelle Report 22 Jun 2004 12:59

My (almost) 9 momth old seems to prefer the cat food to my cooking!!!

Fee

Fee Report 22 Jun 2004 13:35

Well at least he doesnt do what I used to do,I used to eat coal.I suppose if he could,he would though!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 22 Jun 2004 15:32

lol!! i remember those days!! i also had 4 under 5yrs and i would love to have that back again. it makes you wonder how they made such a mess,even when i fed them lol just as i was putting a spoonful in their mouths they decided to move their heads and it ended up in their ears lol oh they were the days! susie

syljo

syljo Report 22 Jun 2004 19:20

Yes, those were the days. I once had a terrible mess to clear up. I had put my son up in his cot for a rest in the afternoon. He filled his nappie, took it off and plastered it over windows and walls. When I went into the room I didn't know where to begin cleaning first. I took my son and dumped him in the bath then started on the windows - I was thinking "what if the neighbours see the mess". It was a very warm day, too. Memories!!

Sand

Sand Report 22 Jun 2004 19:25

I sympathise! I've had a nightmare day--teething, screaming 18month old who took to banging his head on the floor to try to get my attention! That plus endless 'advice' from his 3 year old sister on what I was doing wrong! SO glad they aren't mine AND that I have the day off tomorrow!

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jun 2004 19:34

Fee, have you noticed how they make the most mess with the stuff that stains really badly? Like ketchup and chocolate - they never spread around the pale stuff that doesn't mark! Mandy :)

Sand

Sand Report 22 Jun 2004 19:39

The worst one for me has to be cleaning up Weetabix--makes me feel ill, especially if it's stuck to the high chair!

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 22 Jun 2004 20:42

memories, my son used to think yoghurt was for faces and heads and through the hair and then finished off by rubbing hands clean on his clothes, my daughter who was 4 when i had him insisted on telling me what and when to do things as sallys little friend does, i had to constantly remind her he was my baby not hers. funny i now have to remind her at 17 i am the mum not her (she obviously doesnt listen).

Lisa

Lisa Report 24 Jun 2004 23:55

I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday I'd taken off my 17 month olds nappy and ran upstairs to get another. When I came down (seconds later) he'd poohed behind the door. Unaware of this I opened the door creating a 'pooh streak' about a foot long across the carpet !!!

Sand

Sand Report 25 Jun 2004 21:53

I had a breakthrough! We went to the zoo today to see our favourite elephant--3month old Emilia, and a miracle happened! My 18month old charge was still CLEAN when we got home!!! This after baked beans with lunch and a picnic tea close to the pooing peacocks--it's a miracle!