General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Colin Fry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jun 2004 12:48

Anyone ever seen him live? I'm thinking about getting tickets to go to his tour and wondered if anyone had any comments if they've seen him before. Z xx

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 23 Jun 2004 13:13

Im going to see Derek Acorah later on this year,,Iv seen him before,,he was very good and semed to help a lot of people who were missing loved ones,

Katwin

Katwin Report 23 Jun 2004 13:30

Hi Zoe, Where do you get the tickets? I contacted the TV website by e-mail to ask if I could go and watch a live performance, but they said the TV shows were repeats and they were not intending making any more. Let me know if you have any luck! K x

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jun 2004 13:43

Kathy, If you go to his website www.colinfry(.)com theres a page on their with tour dates for where he's appearing this year in theatres - which you have to pay for . I went for a date in October and just managed to get tickets in the 10th row of the stalls - which if I'm hoping for a message is better than being in the back of the circle. Theres also a number on the first page (at the bottom) which is a ticket hotline for filming of a new series and for applying for a One On One - unfortunately all the dates for the One n Ones seem to have gone Zoe

Katwin

Katwin Report 23 Jun 2004 13:48

Thanks Zoe, Trust me to go the awkward way around - through the TV company. I didn't realise he had his own website. I just missed the one in Oxford - dang!! Kathy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Jun 2004 14:52

Hi Zoe I went to see him about 2 years ago and was quite disappointed. He hardly got a thing right in the first half but did improve in the second half. Maybe he was just having an off day. I actually found him quite boring too! lol I went to see Derek Acorah about a year ago. He's much more entertaining. As for where you're sitting, it doesn't really matter. They have people running around the theatre with microphones. And if you get a message, be prepared to have a camera stuck in your face so everone in the theatre can see you on the big screen! lol Jeanette

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jun 2004 15:21

Jeanette, I wondered how they'd do it of you were sat right at the back. I imagined him Micheal Barrymore style climbing ladders up to the circle. Hope he's not too boring - its in Croydon where he's likely to get lynched if he doesnt get anything right!!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Jun 2004 21:19

Zoe Lol. I enjoyed the picture in my head of him running round like Michael Barrymore! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not worth going. Only you can decide that for yourself. And if you get a message, well all the better. It just made me wonder how many takes they had to do on his show before he got something right. Be sure to report back when you've been and let us know what you thought. Jeanette x

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 23 Jun 2004 21:21

Hi Zoe, Hope you are doing okay, I went two weeks ago to see C Fry in Portsmouth with a couple of friends. I was quite impressed with the first half of the show, some of the stuff was really heartwarming and entertaining, nice friendly messages for people in the audience. He had contact with other people which I found a bit harrowing, a murdered young girl whos body has not been found yet.Her best friend was in the audience and he wanted to see her at the end of the show and to contact the police.I found that upsetting . The second half was not as interesting, a Q & A session The next day my friend who organised it had a call from his website and was offered tickets to be in the audience for his next series, so we are off to see him again in August Regards Kathleen

Veronica

Veronica Report 25 Jun 2004 02:15

Hi Zoe I saw him live last year at our local spiritualist church and was not impressed. He seemed to home in on regulars whom he knew well. Later he went into a trance and took on the voice of an old man called Magnus from the Victorian era, giving out words of wisdom about life and the universe in answer to questions from the audience. When he came to me I asked the address of the house that Magnus had lived at while in life he said the connection was fading. Maybe he realised I could check this information out!!! I am sure that he has a gift of connecting and receiving information but most people can do that if they try. I do dowsing and have often had success with finding things that have gone missing including lost pets, perhaps I could do this with missing people too, haven't try it yet. There are things we don't fully understand and spiritualism is one. Go and enjoy the show but don't build your hopes up too high. Do let us know what you think of it all afterwards please. Best wishes Veronica