General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WOKE up to a rainy day

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Jun 2004 18:28

WOKE up to a rainy day today at least it was outside yesterday it was raining inside.CENTRAL heating pump PACKED up WATER ,water every where BOILER is upstairsso all carpet on top landing was wet and down stairs in front hall water was comeing through light fitting on ceiling and running down the wall to make it worse the mains box is on the same wall and it got into there also BOB got up and turned allthe maines off or so he thought untill I found my mobile phone was still chargeing the water hadtripped it out so there he was on a metal ladder ina puddle he could have been fried .JUST as well ive a hubby whose an electricion and can sort the plumbing out to Idread to think how much it would have cost to call them out ? he had to buy anew pumpas it wasand drain allthe radiaters.allis slowley drying now though ,just a bit smellie . JEAN.

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Jun 2004 19:48

OH I DO FEEL FOR YOU, 2YRS AGO I HAD A WATER LEAK AND MY KITCHEN CEILING CAME DOWN AND IT WAS THE PLUMBER THAT CAUSED IT WHEN HE FIXED MY LOO AND DIDN'T CHECK THE BALLCOCK, HE WENT BEFORE IT HAD REFILLED. I DO HOPE IT ALL DRYS OUT OK FOR YOU IT JUST MAKES SUCH A MESS SANDRA

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 23 Jun 2004 19:53

Jean, BIG sympathy!!!!! Have had my own puddles owing to the rain, but yours sounds like a nightmare!! Hope you dry out soon!! Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jun 2004 19:54

Oh no, everybody's worst nightmare! It's the drying out afterwards that's the problem. Glad you had somebody on hand to get it sorted though :) Best wishes and lots of sympathy, Mandy x

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Jun 2004 20:37

Thanks everyone nice to know theres lots friends at the touch of a few KEYS JEAN. ps,still wet and very windy but this time its outside thank goodness IM going in a loveley warm bath now ta , ta for now.