General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COLD WATER!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindy

Lindy Report 24 Jun 2004 14:28

A man went to visit his 90 year old Grandfather. His Grandfather lived in a very remote, secluded, rural area of the state. After spending the night at the house, his Grandfather prepared a breakfast of eggs and bacon. As the man was eating he noticed a film like substance on the plate, and he asked, "Grandfather, are these plates clean?" .......................... His Grandfather replied, "They're as clean as cold water can get 'em, so go on and finish your meal." Later on that day, Grandfather prepared a lunch of hamburger steak and new potatoes. As the man was eating he noticed tiny specks around the edge of his plate, and a substance that looked like dried egg yolk. Concerned about his health, he asked again, "Grandfather, are you sure that these plates are clean?" Without looking up from his plate, his Grandfather replied, "I told you before; those dishes are as clean as cold water can get 'em, now don't ask me about it any more!" That evening, the man decided to go out to a restaurant for dinner in a nearby town. ------------------------ As he walked toward his car, his Grandfather's dog started to growl and would not let him pass. "Grandfather," the man complained, "your dog won't let me by." Without diverting his attention from the Mariners game on television, Grandfather shouted- "Coldwater! Get up and move out of the way and let the boy pass!"..

Ann

Ann Report 24 Jun 2004 14:36

Oh Lindy, YUK!!!!!! YUK!!!!!! YUK!!!!!! Ann

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 24 Jun 2004 14:38

Lindy Ewwwww!!!!!!!!! But it was funny!!!!!! Gem

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jun 2004 15:19

Hi Lindy YUK but definitely LOL!!! Still thanking you for finding my uncle, we're in regular email contact and exchanging photos, and he's back in touch with my brother. Added to which, he actually met my birth father (unknowingly at the time) and it's been amazing to find out so much new information. You're a star! Mandy xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Jun 2004 16:35

another little gem lindy i laughed and katie started laughing and cooing, what a joy lol sandra

Lindy

Lindy Report 24 Jun 2004 16:49

Sorry! ladies, Heh! heh! It is a bit yukky but I could not resist it. Mandy, If you thank me anymore my body will not be able to hold up my swollen head. What was meant to be, was meant to be. Sandra, I am sooooo envious, how I wish I had a granddaughter to kiss and cuddle. Lindy;-))