General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brother music quiz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janine

Janine Report 25 Jun 2004 22:07

Name the artist and the song – all the answers have the word brother in them! I will post the answers in a couple of weeks. 1. Reached no. 2 in 1988 You're suitably at one with your body and the sun yes you are! You've read Karl Marx and you've taught yourself to dance You're the best by far! But you keep asking the question oh you're not supposed to mention. 2. Reached no. 3 in 1969 The road is long With many a winding turn 3. Reached no. 4 in 1986 Dear, love is a burning fire stay 'Cause then the flames grow higher babe, Don't let him steel your heart It's easy, it's easy 4. Reached no. 1 in 1960 Don't want your lo-o-o-o-ove anymore Don't want your ki-i-i-i-isses, that's for sure 5. Reached no. 1 in 1965 You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips. And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips. 6. Reached no. 1 in 1966 Loneliness is a coat you wear The dark shade of blue is always there Emptiness is a place you're in With nothing to lose and nothing to win 7. Reached no. 16 in 1974 See the curtains hanging in the window In the evening on a Friday night A little light a-shining through the window Lets me know everything's alright 8. Reached no. 31 in 1979 He came from somewhere back in her long ago The sentimental fool don't see Tryin' hard to recreate What had yet to be created once in her life 9. Reached no. 7 in 1976 There's a reason for the sunshiny sky There's a reason why I'm feeling so high Must be the season when those love lights shine all around us 10. Reached no. 5 in 1979 How can I know what I would do if I was really losing you when it isn't true (when it isn't true)

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 25 Jun 2004 22:29

2- Hollies- He aint heavy he,s my brother 4 Everly brothers- cathys clown 5 Righteous brothers- youve lost that loving feeling 6 Walker brothers- the sun aint gonna shine anymore 9 Bellamy Brothers- let your love flow

Steph

Steph Report 25 Jun 2004 22:37

1) When will I be famous? -Bros

Steph

Steph Report 25 Jun 2004 22:39

8) What a fool believes- the Doobie brothers

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 25 Jun 2004 23:44

7 is driving me mad - is it Summer Breeze and is it Isley Brothers????

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 25 Jun 2004 23:49

hi maz summer breeze is by isley brothers tracy

Janine

Janine Report 26 Jun 2004 01:10

Just need numbers 3 and 10 now! All others are correct: 1. BROS - When will I be famous 2. Hollies - He ain't heavy, he's my BROTHER 4. Everly BROTHERS - Cathy's clown 5. Righteous BROTHERS - You've lost that loving feeling 6. Walker BROTHERS - The sun ain't gonna shine anymore 7. Isley BROTHERS - Summer breeze 8. Doobie BROTHERS – What a fool beleives 9. Bellamy BROTHERS - Let your love flow

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 26 Jun 2004 01:59

3...Brother Louis???? Christine

Janet

Janet Report 26 Jun 2004 09:47

3. Modern Tanting - Brother L'ouie 10 Gibson Brothers - Que Sera Mi Vida

Janine

Janine Report 26 Jun 2004 11:57

Answers to 3 & 10 are: 3. Modern Talking - BROTHER Louie 10. Gibson BROTHERS - Que sera mi vida

Janet

Janet Report 26 Jun 2004 12:16

Sorry - couldn't read my own writing - I did mean Modern Talking Janet