General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Msn Messenger Error code 1603

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jun 2004 15:41

Hello there you msn messengers. I have been trying unsucessfully to download the 6.2 messenger but it wont let me, error code 1603 comes up and says "error in creating a temporary file". I have tried to do it from the msn website but it still says the same. I already had messenger 6.1 on which does not work anymore as they said i needed to update to the latest version. Should I remove the 6.1 version from my programms do you think? Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 26 Jun 2004 15:43

hi karen i had a lot of trouble upgrading finally went back to the old one then tryed again havnt a clue which one i have now but im not changing lol email me if you like i'll add you that way see if you can get it good luck tina xxx

Karen

Karen Report 26 Jun 2004 16:02

Hi Tina, When I had the previous version it was all hunky dory with my contacts on etc but now I cannot even get that, I have not used messenger for months now.

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 27 Jun 2004 07:44

Hi, i have just down loaded MSN again, as my computer had to be reformatted no problems at all, so guess i was one of the lucky ones, would really miss it if i did'nt have it now, is there any other messangers besides MSN. Rita

badger

badger Report 27 Jun 2004 08:30

Karon ,you should remove the old programme first as it,s likely they are conflicting ,,i find messenger a bit tempremental but you will get there in the end. If you still can,t get in ,go to customer support ,they should help load it in for you ,i use it because its fun and you can chat to others easily.Fred.

Karen

Karen Report 27 Jun 2004 18:11

HI I have removed the previous 6.1 messenger but still have problems. I am leaving it till my computer guru comes round. Thanks.

Karen

Karen Report 28 Jun 2004 00:39

nudge for more info

Bob

Bob Report 28 Jun 2004 19:30

Seems to be a common problem... Try this: 1) Click Start > Run 2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have finished. 3) Go back to Start > Run 4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter. 5) Try to install MSN Messenger 6 again. Good luck! *make sure you leave a space before the / . Copy and paste is the best way to be sure* Bob