General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where are the Dolly Mixtures

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 27 Jun 2004 14:26

My favourite sweets are Jelly Babies and Dolly Mixtures but I cant seem to buy the Dolly Mixtures any more. There is an old sweetie shop in Lichfield which still sells sweets from the jar, but I cant keep asking my daughter to send me some. Tesco used to sell them pre-packed but not any more. Guess I have to find another sweet to like. Whats your Favourite, Julia

Bob

Bob Report 27 Jun 2004 14:29

How about mail order... Go here to pig out: http://www.aquarterof.*co.uk Mind though, when I searched for dolly mixtures I also found this... http://www.dollymixtures.i12.*com/ not quite the same thing lol

syljo

syljo Report 27 Jun 2004 14:50

If you come to the Netherlands you can buy kilos of them. We have a shop called the Kruidvat (a drug store) and you can help yourself - lots of children do just that. They now keep a dish specially for the children to help themselves - no dirty fingers in the glass pots! Keep on hunting! Sylvia

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jun 2004 15:08

until last year,we had this wonderful olde worldie shop,apperently opened in the 50s,by a young couple,who had ran it since. it was like walking into a time warp,and was sort of magical.they had dozens of loose bottled sweets,including my favourites,chocolate covered peanuts.they had the old fashioned slicing machines for ham,and cheese,they would make you fresh rolls,or sarnies,while you waited...another part of the shop,they had all the pet products,and in another was electrical bits,like plugs,and bulbs,the man would also repair small items for a fraction of the cost elsewhere...trading standards,and the environmental health people would check them regularly,but they would proudly display the certificates in the window lol. now,both nearly eighty,they have retired,but i do miss them. bryan.

Sand

Sand Report 27 Jun 2004 15:28

Juila, I think I got some yummy Dolly Mixtures from Marks and Sparks. Anyone remember Spangles? And 3 'blackjacks' or 'fruit salads'--3 for 1/2p!

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 28 Jun 2004 00:05

I bought a pack in Sainsburys on Saturday. Bought them for my Grandson but helped him eat them! Kathy

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 28 Jun 2004 10:02

Our Sainsburys have a 'pick & mix' section but not sure if they have Dolly Mixtures! I like the pink shrimps and rainbow drops (big kid really)!

Louise

Louise Report 28 Jun 2004 12:03

try asda i get mine from there

badger

badger Report 28 Jun 2004 16:22

i found some today Julia, in a weigh shop in Newcastle ,they didn,t last long enough to send down as the grandbairns snaffled them ,sorry,he he .Fred.

badger

badger Report 28 Jun 2004 16:58

who meeeee,nah the bairns it was ,my fav,s are the liqorice torpedoes[i did snaffle them ] .Fred.

Julia

Julia Report 28 Jun 2004 17:53

Thanks everyone for the info where to get Dolly Mixtures, looks like I'll have to get on my walking shoes, mind you it wont hurt to lose a bit of weight before I tuck in. Julia