General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anti-moggies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 29 Jun 2004 18:38

I've just read that if you want to keep cats out of your garden then you must feed the ground with lions dung! Go to your local zoo and buy a bucketful. Something about lions that pussy cats don't like. Maybe because they are bigger than they are!! Sylvia

Ann

Ann Report 29 Jun 2004 18:54

You can buy it in little pellets from garden centres- I have tried it and it works - for about a week , then the cats seem to get wise to it!!!

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 30 Jun 2004 01:31

Hi, I've Just bought some Coleus plants 'scardy cat' which are supposed to keep cats at bay. Waiting to see if they work. Rosemary.

Melba64

Melba64 Report 1 Jul 2004 00:03

My problem is next door's cats that mess in my garden. I have two of my own and they use a litter tray so it is annoying. Mel

Melba64

Melba64 Report 1 Jul 2004 21:15

Ruth, see my last response!!!!! Mel

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 1 Jul 2004 21:19

we got a dog seemed to do the trick

Flossie

Flossie Report 1 Jul 2004 21:43

I read somewhere that cats dont like orange peel. We were trying to grow some plants in the garden and my 2 cats kept digging them up so I placed orange peel all around the area and guess what the cats loved it and proceeded to roll all over it. LOL

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 1 Jul 2004 23:51

Our problem is neighbour's cats. I'm allergic myself. Recently we found a baby mouse/rat on the lawn in pieces and this week by the greenhouse a baby bird partly eaten. We do use orange peel whether it works or it's just luck I don't know which is why we bought the coleus (see above). We bought and tried special pepper years ago but it didn't bother the cats. Rosemary.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 2 Jul 2004 12:14

I have been told to use Olbas oil by the cat protectin league. My neighbours cats not only come in my garden, but they use my own moggies catflap aswell and come in the house!!!! Pat

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 14 Jul 2004 02:30

An idea I was told and forgot to mention was to fill a plastic litre bottle at least half full of water and lay it sideways on the garden. We used this when our lawn was being soiled last year and I think it worked. My husband thinks it was the orange peel!!! He would because the water wasn't his idea!!! It's at least worth a try. Rosemary.

Michelle

Michelle Report 14 Jul 2004 09:43

Pat, you're right about the Olbas Oil. We put a few drops on used teabags, put the teabags where you wish to keep cat free, it really works. M.