General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone work for Vodafone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 10:09

I have had my mobile for about 6 years now and I want to change my price plan to Smart Step. This should be easy I thought - but oh no, because I cannot remember my password after never having to use it in six years I'm met with a tuff sh*t attitude, we can't you. Any suggestions on how many sticks of dynamite should I use. Lin

Philip

Philip Report 1 Jul 2004 10:20

Hello Lin, I don't think you need to produce a password to change your contract plan, as they have your record in their computer anyway. Are you trying to change over the phone or online, which is always more difficult, particularly if someone is playing silly beggars ate the other end! We've got a local Vodafone shop in Barnstaple, and I've always found them most helpful. Try and find your local shop, if there's one near. Good luck! Philip

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 10:32

Thanks Philip I telephoned vodafone direct and this is where I come up against the barriers. I have emailed them - no response as yet - I did not know you could do it online. Lin

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Jul 2004 10:43

Lin Can I suggest you ring them and tell them your wanting to change to a different supplier and you need the code for swapping your number to the new provider. I did this in February and they not only sent me a new phone they beat the tarriff I was gonna have with Orange and halved the rental for six months (I now only pay 7.50 a month) Have a look at other plans for Orange, O2 etc then call Vodafone and say - I've seen this great plan and I'm leaving you - they panic to keep you and if they think you're going they won't get all sweaty over passwords etc Good luck Zoe

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 10:51

Hi Zoe I'm Pay as you go Lin

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 Jul 2004 10:58

Lin That shouldn't make any difference. Have a look at other providers pay as you go offers and do as zoe says. If your looking to go from pay as you go to contract you won't be able to port your number. Similarly you can't from one provider to another on pay as you go. You've got nothing to loose girl, get sh**ty! lol Jeanette

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Jul 2004 10:59

DOH!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 11:05

Oh Jeanette ok I'll have a rummage for my sh*t attitude Well here goes.. wish me luck ta to you all Lin >:)

Philip

Philip Report 1 Jul 2004 11:06

Dead right, Zoe, nothing like requesting the transfer code for putting the wind up them! Lin, sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough earlier. I'm not sure whether you can change package online, but I was assuming that they might well want you to input your password, in which case you'd be stuffed! Mysuggestion was that you try and do it face to face, if there's a local Vodafone agent, as they have a computer terminal and can call all your details up. You can also see the colour of their eyes, if you have to start using threats! lol! Good luck (again!)! Philip

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 11:35

Thanks Philip I have just received an email from Vodafone and they have suggest that I dial 2345 and change from there all done via the phone pad. If that proves fruitless them it will be nose to nose contact down the local shop. Anyway will let you know the outcome and whether I had to call the emergencies for the poor guy. ttfn Linda