General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You know you are getting older when.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Jul 2004 15:51

heard this on my local radio a couple of days ago and it made me giggle...some of the answers from listeners were: - the twinkle in your eye is the sun reflecting off your bifocals - you look in the mirror and see your mother staring back at you - everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work anyone got any more??

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Jul 2004 15:56

Here's a few I found that made me laugh You talk about "good grass" and you're referring to someone's lawn Your best friend is dating someone half their age, and isn't breaking any laws Your back goes out more often than you do You feel like the morning after and you haven't been anywhere You sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there Your knees buckle and your belt won't Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 16:03

you know you are getting older when....the nurse bossing you about in the casualty department,is your own daughter! bryan.

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Jul 2004 16:05

...the kid you used to babysit for buys you a drink in a downtown pub (in fact that probably marked the time I stopped going drinking in town on a Saturday night!)

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jul 2004 17:30

You flirt with the doctors and they think you are mothering them!! and yes it happened to me lol Bev

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 1 Jul 2004 19:42

Your 15 year old daughter is planning your 50th birthday party and you know inside you are really 15 yourself but can't 'quite' do the backbend and cartwheel to prove it! Jacky :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 20:18

Someone asks if you had a good weekend and you say "Great, I sorted all my cupboards out". And you know they are getting older when they say "Gosh, I'd love to have time to do that!" Helen

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 1 Jul 2004 20:39

When you cant stand to watch Top of the Pops anymore, When a joint at the weekend means, Beef, Pork or Lamb Kathleen

Len

Len Report 1 Jul 2004 20:39

Policemen start looking like schoolboys(or girls!!!)

Len

Len Report 1 Jul 2004 20:41

You mistake a teacher at the local school for a 6th former??

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Jul 2004 23:07

you start dancing like your dad when your kids refuse to be seen with you when you cant work your mobile phone without first reading the instructions when people believe that your older sister is your daughter when you look old enough to be in a pub when people talk about the good old days and you cant remember them when you find the milk in the oven

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 23:23

When the two 'men' who come to instal computer equipment at your work don't even look old enough to be shaving!

Sally

Sally Report 2 Jul 2004 06:53

Mine was!! when I used to be 39 for years and years and my grandson suddenly said "how can you be 39 when my dad is 30" Oh well it did last for years. Now I am 64 I say I am 46 l will until I am 67. then where will I go. No really I do not mind any more.

Lynda

Lynda Report 2 Jul 2004 07:33

When you go on about some of today's pop singers and complain what noisy and talentless bunch they are, and how in our day they used to be able to sing, eg: Elvis!!!!!!! Lynda (;-))))))

Steph

Steph Report 2 Jul 2004 08:19

When you go out, the blokes who use to offer to buy you a drink, now offer you their seat!!