General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

appologies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 1 Jul 2004 21:47

i feel i must apologise if i offended anyone last night by adding to a thread, or any comments i may have made to any threads that may have offended people. I have just read a comment added by the author who decided to delete their thread for their own reasons, and said they didnt expect the comments made, as the original thread was intended for someone else. this may seem very confusing, but anyway, i didnt pass comment about anyone on here, just added to a question giving my experiences in the subject. As i try to not offend people, and just join in the conversations i now feel a little reluctant to do so. maybe i am a little to addicted to GC and should take a break. once again appologies.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 22:03

Hi Julie Anne I was reading the threads so I know what you're talking about. Please don't think about having a break from GC, you haven't offended anyone as far as I can tell. I think the person added the thread as a joke to another member, not realising that people would add genuine/serious replies. This is why she deleted it - not because you caused offence. I hope this reassures you, please don't worry and hope to see you on the boards. Love and good wishes, Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 22:27

hi julie, the post was made in a lighthearted way,but this wasent made clear..i replied,about the welsh problem,only to find the thread deleted,i lloked all over the place for it,even wondered if ide dreamed it....no,you have no need to appologise,you said,or did nothing wrong...so keep posting...........bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 23:17

Marion Don't you go anywhere either! Just shows how sensitive we all are after the recent events of certain controversial threads. It's so easy to get a slightly wrong impression when things are written down rather than the spoken word, and that's all that has happened. No harm done, nobody offended! Stay put girls, and keep on posting, forget about the little blip! Mandy :)

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Jul 2004 07:18

julie and marion i didn't see the thread, but neither of you should stay off the boards, there are times when things can get misinterprated, i have to think sometimes as the tablets i take can sometimes make me a bit fuzzy, so i write as i would speak, and sometimes it comes out wrong, and i have to start again, i have never found either of you offensive, so stay and continue to make your comments and give advice, we are all from different walks of life and this makes us able to be caring supportive and understanding and helpful so don't go anywhere a gc friend sandra

Philip

Philip Report 2 Jul 2004 09:51

Hey folks, now everyone's finished apologising to everyone else, let's all hug and make up! I take the point that what might seem light hearted humour to one person may give offence unwittingly to someone else. I'm probably guilty of this as much as anyone, must be my irrepressible Welsh blood! (and I AM Welsh, you know!) Anyway, many apols if I do sometimes tease a bit too much. Perhaps the best thing to do on such occasions is to say "Cool it, Philip", and I'll get the message immediately! (I hope! lol!) Philip

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 2 Jul 2004 10:15

Stop with the hugs already Philip LOL!! Awwwwww come on girlies stay put, don't read too much into things : ) Much happiness Debi

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 11:28

Julie Ann As far as I am concerned... if someone posts a message to a public message board, then anyone else here is entitled to comment. If they do not like your reply then they may ask nicely for it to be removed, and if justified.. well fine. But I'm afraid some people are just over sensetive Don't worry about it Paul

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 3 Jul 2004 21:46

thanks all for your replies, paul hit the nail on the head, i think in hind sight i may have been a little too sensitive. the welsh blood makes me passionate about things i chat about and the way some people are treated and then i get on my soap box. marion you didnt offend me i just felt maybe i had voiced my opinion a little too much, as i noticed brian in another thread had said abut the welsh back in the 70s and then it led onto (what i remember as a kid) the meirion glyndwr stuff off the welsh burning the homes of english in wales. well anyway, thanks again for your replies everyone. my intentions are never to offend but always try to help if i can. i will try to see the lighter side of things.