General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOTD ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 10:27

Is French kissing in France called just kissing? Why can't women put on Mascara with their mouth closed? Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say "My name in Bob, and I'm an alcoholic" If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a Bullshit? Why are they called stairs inside and steps outside? Why is there a light in a fridge and not in the freezer? Why does mineral water that has tricked through mountains for centuries have a use by date? Who was the first person to look at a cow and say "I think I'll Squeeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out"? Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but not to their crotch when they ask where the toilet is?

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 2 Jul 2004 12:42

lin how very true another .. when are you going away? look at their watch and say june lol tina xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 12:56

Or is it possible to brush your teeth without wiggling your bum? Lin

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 2 Jul 2004 12:59

how come skin leaks out but not in? and how come if your shoe lace comes undone in the morning it then does it all day no matter how tight you do them up? finally, if youre on a train doing a hundred miles an hour, if you jump in the air why dont you slam in to the back of it????

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 2 Jul 2004 13:00

lol...these are very true!! I'd like to know who it is that has spilt things on clothes or carpet and discovered that things like vodka or toothpaste etc takes the stain out! (like you see in magazine tips columns!) Did they go round their houses determined to try everything they could lay their hands on to see if it worked? Jill x

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 13:32

Hello Jillian Probably was blind drunk and spilt the vodka on the carpet which removed the toothpaste from the mornings walk round the living room whilst cleaning their teeth, and thats how they found out. Oh my head hurts! Lin