General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone looking for SEX?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valice in

Valice in Report 2 Jul 2004 15:18

...seriously... have just had a page to transcribe, and there the surname was SEX and another SEXEY, imagine the ribbing these poor folk must get!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 16:21

We have two schools in the area with that name - Hugh Sexey's (Cheddar area I think) and Sexey's School for Girls (Bruton). Rather unfortunate!! Mandy :)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Jul 2004 16:42

Steady on there folks or the morals police will be after you too!

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 17:16

we had a trainee receptionist,on work experience,at the royal london,and she was asked to put a tannoy call out for mike hunt...ive never seen so many sick patients rolling about laughing,its true laughter is the best medicine...unfortunately this will now be deleted.....bryan.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Jul 2004 17:27

These are always good for a laugh too Bryan. Kenny Lingus Wayne Kerr Phil Atio If were going to get deleted, might as well do it properly! lol Jeanette

BrianW

BrianW Report 2 Jul 2004 17:56

When I was an auditor we had a client called Mycox Electric. The switchboard operator eventually got used to answering the phone with the company name and the caller saying "So is mine".

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 2 Jul 2004 18:04

Told this before -- guy named Roy Dyer, used to answer the phone with the phrase "dyer 'ere" true I swear! Jacqui

Christine2

Christine2 Report 2 Jul 2004 19:00

My husband just said "I never saw you laugh so much as you have since you went on there"!!! Sometimes it's the conga thread and sometimes it's threads like these. Thanks so much everyone for all the fun you give me. Chris

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 2 Jul 2004 22:24

i am going back a few years my auntie and her friend b hough used to play bingo and at the end of the nite you had to write your name on the back of the books and it would go in a draw. well my aunties friend was a right comic and her book was picked out and the caller shouted her name f hough hope you all see the funny side ha

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Jul 2004 00:57

A few years ago I worked as a buyer and sourced items from all over - one Chinese company I regularly contacted was FAH-TEENG. They answered the phone 'Hello, Fah-Teeng' - and I was always tempted to say 'No, I didn't have beans for breakfast'.

Valice in

Valice in Report 3 Jul 2004 21:54

Someone I know called Yvonne, gets trouble with her name, when asked whats her initial, she says Y, so they explain why they need it!! lol

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 4 Jul 2004 00:32

Recently I transcribed a page including the name William Willy!! What are these people thinking when they name their children?? Maggy

shyped

shyped Report 5 Jul 2004 14:47

In the village where I used to live , there was a chinese take away called King's,.........and the owners first name was,.......Wan. I daren't put both names together on here , LOL.