General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Building that Dream ITV

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 2 Jul 2004 18:10

Have just watched the finel and cried for Spencer & Michelle, they worked so hard and at the end were just ignored. Sometimes these TV programmes can be very cruel. Julia

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Jul 2004 18:26

I've missed it for the past few weeks - so WHO won then?? Please not Miki B and janet

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 2 Jul 2004 18:33

Hi Julia, I too watched building the dream final .... and cried for Spencer & Michelle, they did work extremely hard and ITV should not have cruelly ignored them like that, I was hoping they would win that house, I don't live very far from Witham Friary and I felt thse two would have fitted in that village very well. audrey.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 19:17

Hello Audrey, where do you live? I'm in Frome, also quite close to Witham Friary! I saw one of the Buildling the Dream vans go past our road the other day (not much of a claim to fame though is it?)!! Mandy :)

Debbi

Debbi Report 2 Jul 2004 19:25

Can we send a consilation email to then some how? I feel the same way as all you.No one even comiserated with them, even though they were the first to congratulate the winning couple. Debbi

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 2 Jul 2004 20:28

Hi Mandy, I live in Westbury, virtually neighbours aren't we, one of my daughter's lives in Frome. Do you ever go to the Cheese show, I don't think it's quite the same since they moved it out of the town but I still go, I shall be exhibiting one or two of my crafts there this year. Audrey

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jul 2004 21:18

Hi Audrey, nice to meet another neighbour! We've lived here for nearly 15 years now, I'm a Plymouth girl originally. We used to go to the cheese show when it was on the showfield, but we haven't been since they moved it out of town - not quite the same! There are quite a few people on GR from this area, Southwick, Dilton Marsh, couple of Fromies!

Craftlady

Craftlady Report 2 Jul 2004 22:20

Hi Mandy, A small world isn't it, I've lived here in Westbury for nearly eleven years, as you know it's a rural town like Frome and it suits me fine, I did live in Bath for a short while but I so hated the urban life, too much hustle and bustle for me I originated from Wells in Somerset and that's really where my heart is ... I'm a true 'Somerset cuckoo'. Plymouth is a lovely place too, in fact I was thinking about having a day out down there very soon. Audrey