General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Many thanks friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

badger

badger Report 4 Jul 2004 10:16

Fred is back ,a bit subdued yes ,but very greatfull for the support youve shown us both over the past week. I passed on your good wishes to the parents,and they were very impressed with you bunch [so was i]I don,t know if Terri told anyone or not but i was on gr at the time of the accident ,and on hearing the bang looked out of the lounge window and saw the lot,which really threw us. Anyway ,ive moved the puter into the front room ,and we are sleeping in the back bedroom ,so it,s not so bad now.I will be attending the funeral ,as will liz,but as yet don,t know when that will be. felt such anger at the time ,a 21 year old in charge of a high power car [bmw] straight through a red light at one hell of a speed,but at the end of the day ,he has to live with this for the rest of his life,so i won,t say any more on that subject..great to be back.Fred.

June

June Report 4 Jul 2004 10:25

Welcome back Fred, these things are very upsetting, I think the older we get, the more they upset us. I think you have done the right thing in moving your computer. Best wishes to you and your wife, Love June xx

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 4 Jul 2004 10:26

its lovely to see you back fred:) what a terrible shock for you. take care fred hugs susie

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 4 Jul 2004 11:34

What an awful thing to happen. Very glad to see you back. Take care Sheila x

Mags

Mags Report 4 Jul 2004 12:29

Welcome back Fred- we've missed you. Your absence was understandable, what a dreadful thing to happen, but I'm glad you are feeling a bit better now. Hope to see you on the boards soon Mags xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 13:47

Hi Fred and Liz, nice to see you back. I felt sick myself just reading about what you'd witnessed, so it must have been dreadful for you to see. And what a terrible ordeal for the family. Still thinking of you, love and hugs, Mandy x

valinkent

valinkent Report 4 Jul 2004 13:48

I have e-mailed you Fred as you put a message on the thread for my niece,it must have been a terrible time for you witnessing a tragic event ,i hope it does not scar you and your wife too much .But unfortunatly these youngsters all drive too fast and always seem to have high powered cars . best wishes to you and your wife. Val gc ps let me know if you do not get my e-mail