General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Surname Goggo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mrkevski

mrkevski Report 7 Jul 2004 14:03

I'm curious if anyone has heard of the name Goggo before or have any knowledge of its origins. Its possible that one of my ancestors had this name but have still to confirm this. Tried searching for it on the internet but without much luck. Thanks :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jul 2004 14:15

reminds me of that old Motown song "going to a go go" lol

Natalie

Natalie Report 7 Jul 2004 14:17

Hi Kevin, Don't know whether this help but it appears to be a german name, found that by doing a search on google asking for google to translate a couple of things Nat

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 7 Jul 2004 16:12

These possible variations appear on the Surname Thesaurus website... Surname Match Score C1881 NBI EO SO Gogg 86 x x x Goggon 86 x x Goggs 86 x x x x Gogga 85 x Goggi 85 Gogo 84 x Goggons 82 Goggie 81 Goggio 81 Gogghe 81 Gog 80 x x x Gogges 79 x Goggey 78 Goggia 77 Goggen 77 x x Gogos 77 Gogon 76 Goag 75 x Oh dear - it hasn't put the x under the headings so you can see which are on the 1881, English Origins etc. Have a look at the website itself http://www(.)imagepartners(.)co(.)uk/thesaurus/ remove brackets first! Maybe it was a mis-spelling somewhere along the line. Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 7 Jul 2004 16:21

Judith I have got that record on 7 inch vinyl !!!!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 7 Jul 2004 16:23

What about " Wake me up before you ......." by Wham LOL Christine

mrkevski

mrkevski Report 7 Jul 2004 19:58

Thanks for all your replies folks! Even the songs :D Will post here when i find out a bit more about them.

mrkevski

mrkevski Report 28 Jul 2004 22:55

Turns out the surname is actually Foggo. Guess another case of not being able to read old fashioned handwriting!!