General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warning for Ebay users

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 8 Jul 2004 12:59

I regularly look on ebay and have purschased several things with no problem.This morning I recieved an e-mail saying it was from Ebay safety and security stating that my account had been suspended and to click on an address to update details etc.I reported it to ebay at [email protected] and it was a spoof e-mail trying to find out bank and I.D details.Basically a scam so please beware.My firewall wouldnt open it anyway but just be careful.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 8 Jul 2004 13:04

fee i had the same email a few months ago i deleted it! as you rightly say ,it is a scam! another gc member contacted ebay because they had one aswell.ebay told her to ignore it and delete it susie

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 8 Jul 2004 15:47

I got one last week, so I emailed ebay to ask about the mail and they said it was a spoof. Lengths that people will go to, to find out about your accounts, it frightens me! Gem

Jan

Jan Report 8 Jul 2004 17:06

I went through a phase where I had several in a week!

Susanne

Susanne Report 8 Jul 2004 18:11

I had the same email in Feb and sent it to Ebay spoof. There are some going around for PayPal too. Sue:-)