General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lovely People(sad task)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 8 Jul 2004 20:30

Hello Again After reading all your messages i'm even more upbeat, you have all cheered me up no end, and reading that some people are having or have had the same problems and take time to support me is very humbling thankyou all very much. Shame about the weather my fondest regards David

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jul 2004 20:44

dear david,your original post,struck at our heart strings,weve all been there,in one way or another,so it was natural that we would offer you our support,so you knew we were all thinking of you,the people on this site are really wonderful,its like having an extended family. i hope your coping well,and just post on here,if your ever feeling down,or alone...my very best wishes. bryan.

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 8 Jul 2004 21:29

If you have some time to spare David, try the music quiz tonight, we need help!! Maggy

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jul 2004 21:44

Hi David glad your feeling a whole lot better,keep smiling, we are all hear for you,just shout. sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jul 2004 21:51

David, so pleased you're feeling a bit better. It's true what Bryan says, it's like one extended family on here. I'd only been a member for a few weeks when I needed support and I was totally overwhelmed. Any time you need a friend, just post a message on here. Best wishes, Mandy x

David

David Report 9 Jul 2004 21:58

Sorry Maggie not my best subject music i can never remember titles David

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2004 22:31

i agree with you,on that one david,i dont think us fellas listen to the words ,in the same way as the ladies do. over the years,ive only taken notice of the words to...the rose,bette midler...unchained melody...i will always love you...the wind beneath my wings,jack duckworth...and lately...dance with my father,luther vandross. so i dont go into the quizz,dont wont to be shown up lol bryan.

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 9 Jul 2004 23:12

Take care David It all takes time and feelings will wash over you like a wave at times, don't be afraid to let go and have a good cry but try to keep smiling too. Don' feel guilty about having a laugh either,keep busy. We are here if you need us

David

David Report 11 Jul 2004 11:32

Hi again I agree Brian i can only remember snatches of music and songs, except maybe some of Shirley Bassey's i like it belted out so she is my favorite. But i also enjoy some classical as well as modern. I have strarted going to the pub quiz but can never get the names or date's or singers so i just look blank and have a swig Cheers David