General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Young Love

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Jul 2004 12:09

My son's girlfriend has just called round with a love poem for him, that she wrote herself this morning. They stood on the doorstep kissing and cuddling. He has now gone up to his room to write one for her. Sweet? Even more so as they are both 6 years old!!! Ain't love grand!! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 11 Jul 2004 12:17

They have been a 'couple' for a long time - walk home from school hand-in-hand etc - she nags him too!!! Maz. XX

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 11 Jul 2004 13:12

Maz, that's lovely! I keep all sorts of things for my kids (that they will probably never appreciate until they have their own) including all the newspapers of they day that each of them was born. A friend of mine is having a late, surprise baby in December and I'm going to do the same for him or her.

Fairy

Fairy Report 11 Jul 2004 13:51

Mine seem to get embarresed when I show them things they wore when they were small. i/e/ cub outfit, sailor suit etc. They are 31 and 33 both men now. When my youngest had his 7th birthday he shared the same date with a girl from his school. She had a difficult family life so I invited her to tea after school one night to celebrate their birthdays. It went very quiet upstairs, so I crept up to see what they were doing! I was quite shocked to see they were both starkers and in bed. At seven! Being a man now he's quite proud of this achievement!

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Jul 2004 15:16

Ah Bless young love is so innocent,i am sure he will treasure it. i kept all sorts of things in my memory box from the kids, and its lovely to go over in their later years. the last poem a guy wrote for me was 3 years ago he was 40yrs old and i treasure it. lol sandra

Ann

Ann Report 11 Jul 2004 20:24

My daughter has just announced she would like to marry her friend Jack- her Dad is not pleased(noone is good enough). They are both just two years old!!!!