General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BABY EINSTEIN DVD'S

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Jul 2004 16:18

Well today katie 5 months and i had half an hour lie down with one of these dvd's, it was beethoven symphonies with different lights and toys moving to the music, it was really relaxing, nanny nearly noidded off.and katie kept laughing. Has anyone else used these for their babies???? they are meant to be a learning stimulation dvd, never had them when my kids were little but it was brill lol sandra

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Jul 2004 16:22

Sandra, My daughter in law uses them for Thomas and says they are very good. I've sent you an e-mail. Jo X

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Jul 2004 16:41

JO MAYBE THEY SHOULD DO ONE FOR NANNY'S, LOL EMAILED YOU BACK SANDRA

Ann

Ann Report 12 Jul 2004 16:45

My daughter used to get bored after a few minutes so they were eventually abandoned. Luckily we borrowed them, as they are quite expensive to buy if they are then not used!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Jul 2004 20:33

Sounds good! Didn't even have videos when I was little, it was 'Watch with Mother' if you were lucky enough to have a television at all LOL. Mandy :)

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Jul 2004 22:24

My little boy has a couple of these DVDs and he's mesmorised every time I put them on.

Mags

Mags Report 12 Jul 2004 23:16

Ive not heard of these DVD's maybe I would have bought them when my Grandaughter was a baby. She could recognise the Tweenies intro at 4 months and it would stop her crying immediately - she would then watch the screen with a smile on her face - the bright colours I expect had a similar effect to the DVD's

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Jul 2004 10:54

thanks for your replys i only had watch with mother and my kids knew it was nap time after. the youngest two 16 and 19 had videos and loved the disney ones but these einstein dvds are something else, i think its the classical music, they are so relaxing, i'm looking forward to this afternoon, katies 5 months and throughout the day, we have playtime, nursery rhymes a story and a walk round the garden smelling the herbs and flowers with touch as well. i even tell her about the flower fairies, i love being a nanny its such fun lol sandra