General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Slimming World - anybody joined?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 12 Jul 2004 23:35

Hi Went for my first meeting this evening - got to do something to get rid of the umpteen chins, and what looks like a pair of boobs on my back - lol. Lady I work with has lost over 4 stone in a year. Anybody else had good results? Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 13 Jul 2004 00:02

Hi Pauline Glad to hear you had such fantastic results with it. I've joined the group in Bodmin (about 6 miles from where I live). Dot, the consultant seems to be very encouraging. My elder daughter joined last week, and lost 2lbs today. She was pleased. I think my initial target is going to be 10% of my body weight, and then see how I go from there. I'm not interested in becoming a stick insect, but just want to feel more comfortable in myself. I am determined to stick to it, and think I will be taking up the swimming again. Good luck to you if you feel able to try it again. I'm sure the group would be very supportive of you. Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 13 Jul 2004 00:07

Hi Theresa Will look out for that tomorrow. Must be off to my bed now as morning will soon be here. Going to have 28gms of corn flakes with banana and skimmed milk. Not sure what after that. Will have to consult the book and decide if I'm on a "Green" or "Red" day! I can feel the excitement building already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pauline

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 13 Jul 2004 20:48

Hi, I joined slimming world a few years ago when I had a bit of weight to lose. I found the classes to be friendly and supportive. Have you bought the magazine? I found the menu suggestions helpful, and easy to follow. I still follow the plan when I need to lose a bit of weight, and would definitely encourage anyone to try it. Good luck and keep us informed how you get on. Frances

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jul 2004 21:17

I lost 2 stone on Slimming World, no embarassments at the classes, the weighing was kept very private. Also very friendly people - and people who were bigger than me LOL. Good luck, Mandy :)

Julie

Julie Report 17 Jul 2004 11:35

Hi, my husband joined and lost 3 stone in 10 months. You have to be determined. He got clever and stopped going but sort of stuck to the diet but when you start slipping, sorry to say, the weight creeps back on and now he is heavier than when he started. So, be strong and stick to it and reep the rewards.

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 19 Jul 2004 22:36

Hi all Been for my first weigh in this evening, and to my amazement lost 4lbs!!. Husband John who also joined last week lost 6lbs. We even had roast beef yesterday as well!! Have to say we haven't exactly suffered this week either. Had loads to eat. More to follow next week. How did you do this week Maz? Pauline

mo

mo Report 19 Jul 2004 23:22

hi I joined 2yrs ago and recently went back as I put a bit back on have once again hit my target, did you know they have a website for members and you should be given a password at your meetings it is really a good help.good luck to all and eat well.