General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Food for thought

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2004 12:06

We are off to France for our holiday, my dear hubby bless him is trying to wind me up and is telling me that they eat frogs legs, snails, and horse meat please someone tell me thats not true, What is the food like over there, or is he not winding me up lol Margaret

Steph

Steph Report 13 Jul 2004 12:41

DO try snails though, Margaret, they do them dripping in garlic butter, yummmm!!! Really!!

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2004 13:14

Thank you for all your comments about french food , i am still going to decline the snails though , and wont be eating the ham and eggs for breakfast, as for the weight well i could do with putting on a few pounds lol Margaret

Brian

Brian Report 13 Jul 2004 13:28

Margaret, A few years ago my wife and I holidayed in St. Tropez. Early in the holiday we went into a restaurant and ordered steak from the menu. We thought it looked a different texture to what we were used to but nevertheless it went down OK. Later, when we mentioned this to another holidaymaker, she said "Oh yes, what you had was horsemeat, if you want beef you have look out for bifsteak on the menu". Just a little tip that you may find useful!! Happy holiday, Brian :-0)

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2004 13:58

Hi Brian Thanks for that tip about the horsemeat i expect at some time during our holiday we will be eating out Thanks Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2004 14:01

Hi Daphne We are staying with our friends that live over there they are English but have live in France for thirty years. Margaret

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 13 Jul 2004 15:19

Margaret - enjoy! Food is generally very good, and good value for money. Do go to the markets, great for fresh fruit, and the patisseries are fantastic for fresh bread, croissants etc! Haven't tried frogs legs or snails though!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Jul 2004 16:12

The french for horse is CHEVAL, so if you see that on a menu, just say 'neigh' !! Maz. XX

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2004 18:01

Maz is that meant to be No for neigh i am sure it is i wont be eating it lol