General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poem from a Dog.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 15 Jul 2004 10:01

I have a lovely poem that someone gave me when my faithful friend was very ill and at the end of her life. I don't just want to 'plonk' it on here as it's rather sad in a way. But if anyone would like to read it then I shall put it on for you. Jo.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jul 2004 10:09

jo i would put it on if its sad im sure lynda will cheer us up again with a joke or 2 lol tina xx

Fairy

Fairy Report 15 Jul 2004 10:26

Pinkie, I've noticed a few threads lately where people are writing in about their dogs being very ill. It's really aimed at them. I don't want to upset anyone unnecessarily. Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Jul 2004 11:33

jo you should put the poem on all of us dog lovers would like to see it, i have lost pets as have many others, and it sometimes can help. sandra & Sheba

Fairy

Fairy Report 15 Jul 2004 11:51

If it be I grow frail and weak and pain should wake me from my sleep, then you must do what must be done, for this last battle can't be won. You will be sad, I understand, Don't let your grief then stay your hand, for this day more than all the rest, your love and friendship stand the test. We've had so many happy years, what is to come will hold no fears. You'll not want me to suffer, so, when the time comes, please let me go. I know in time, you too will see, it's only kindness you do to me. Although my tail, it's last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved. Do not grieve that it should be you who has to decide this thing to do. We've been so close, we two, these years, Don't let your heart hold any tears. I hope this will help. I'm tearful just typing this out. Luv Jo. X.

Sandra

Sandra Report 15 Jul 2004 12:08

Jo its beautiful thankyou for sharing sandra

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 15 Jul 2004 13:03

thankyou for sharing that its lovley tina xx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Jul 2004 18:21

joanne thanks for putting the poem on,for everyone that has lost a pet, it says everything,it so reminded me of all my pets that have died or had to put out of their pain. it is a really beautiful verse thanks sue

Fairy

Fairy Report 15 Jul 2004 20:24

Thank you for your nice words and I'm glad you found this poem comforting. Jo X.

badger

badger Report 17 Jul 2004 09:17

I lost my best friend three years ago ,named shandy ,he belonged to my mum,and i used to take him for his walks ,and everywhere i turned he was there. I won,t have one of my own because i won,t go through the loss again ,but the poem is a comfort joanne ,thanks a lot.Fred.

Fairy

Fairy Report 17 Jul 2004 09:45

Fred, People say they won't have another dog because of the heartbreak it causes at the end. But if you balance it with the fact they give you so much pleasure for maybe 10-20 years I think it's worth it. There are so many lovely dogs desperate for a good home, how good it would be for someone to love them 'til the end of their lives. Jo x.