General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It,s our town carnival today !!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

valinkent

valinkent Report 17 Jul 2004 14:59

Its our annual town carnival , and we are having a terrible storm ,it is such a shame because of all the effort people put into these events .Once one years is over they start planning the next one .The proccesion started at 2o,clock and finishes at 4.It started raining round about 1 and the storm started around 2 and is still going . Val gc

Sandra

Sandra Report 17 Jul 2004 15:10

Val its such a shame when the weather is bad, but i'm sure they still enjoy it, lol sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 15:16

hi val,looks like its come from us in london/surrey...we had thunderstorms late morning,including heavy rain,started just as i was leaving homebase,with my arms full of paint lol. these carnivals,as you say,take so much organising,and so many people look forward to it for months..hopefully it will pass soon,and not completely ruin the day. bryan.

syljo

syljo Report 17 Jul 2004 15:25

Hi Val;, and were you crowned Miss Carnival today? Hope you had nice weather. Actually we've had wonderful sunny weather here all day, early morning mist but that soon cleared up. I suppose when you've finished with your thunderstorms you'll be sending them to us. Give us a miss this time please. I have seen enough rain this year. Sylvia